By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NPD march 2010

... wasn't the announcement of the 3DS supposed to curtail the sales of the DS?
... you know, bad timing announcing it at the launch of the DSi XL??
and everyone grossly underestimated the sales of pokemon!...almost a million more that people predicted!

Wii was also underestimated, but to a lesser extent.

Everyone underestimated Wii, DS, and Pokemon, while everyone overestimated anything sony or microsoft..wow

hello how are you.

Around the Network

pretty accurate this month.

Good job ioi.

God of War sold slightly better. FFXIII sold better on PS3, sold slightly worse on xbox.

NSMB sold better.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

VG STILL NOT GOING TO FIT IT

GOD OF WAR 3 is undertracked and by large, don't forget that NPD don't track walmart, (which I think is fucking ridiculous since they claim to be accurate etc bla bla bla bullshit etc).

This site isnt that accurate it seems.

Around the Network

Man she got knock the F*** out. what is the name of that movie?

VGC has the X360 over PS3 on March (America)
http://www.vgchartz.com/amonthly.php?month=3&year=2010&console=&maker=&boxartz=1

MLB 10 is really undertracked if the NPD numbers are right. VG has it at 250,000ish

gurglesletch said:
MLB 10 is really undertracked if the NPD numbers are right. VG has it at 250,000ish

VGC has it at 204k for the time period that the NPD covers.  That's undertracked by over 40%! 

Most software is undertracked. Hardware almost all overtracked.  I think the only region we can trust the VGC numbers is Japan since they can cross reference with the Media Create/Famitsu numbers on a weekly basis. 

hmduong said:
gurglesletch said:

VGC has it at 204k for the time period that the NPD covers.  That's undertracked by over 40%! 

Most software is undertracked. Hardware almost all overtracked.  I think the only region we can trust the VGC numbers is Japan since they can cross reference with the Media Create/Famitsu numbers on a weekly basis. 

Of course most software is undertracked...

Americas (according to VGC) includes also CANADA, MEXICO... and I believe, South America

While NPD only track USA..

but I agree, The Show is undertracked. Great to see it doing so well

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)