By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - dont ya'll be hatin on GTAIV

it's a good game, but it ain't anything special.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

Around the Network

It has quite possibly the worst camera I've encountered so far... And luckily I haven't seen worse cameras yet. Anyway, it mostly annoys me when I try to drive: it's too slow to stay behind the car when I steer but it won't stay where I put it but tries to follow the car instead. In previous games, it stayed where I wanted it and didn't try to act on its own. Also, manual aiming is horrible. But my main concern is driving camera, it was a stopper for me.

toastboy44562 said:

It good game, it phunny, it long, it have good physics, it have great story, it got strippers, and it have multiplayer. it have roman callin you lots and hes so nice. why you all hatin on one of the best games eva?

first: the reason i dont like GTA4 is because it is a pile of crap compared the PS2 games.

Two: Are you seriously talking like that? if so PLEASE try go to some English classes or something. 

Mr Puggsly said:
9009pc said:
but it will never compete with san andreas or any of gta 3 series games in terms of quality or fun imo.

Well I had more fun with GTAIV. The expansions inparticular were a friggin blast.

your right maybe i should get the expansions before criticising it but it shouldn't have removed the feature that were added to san andreas in this game.  they took every thing that was fun out of the original game, and as for graphics, random character could do with more detail, main characters look great. tree's looked like they were drawn in a painting. I believe that they actually hired a artist for the bur they put on things in the background and the trees. rockstar really should take a look at bethesda's work this gen definitely in respect to the problems I just said. the music and yes this is all down to taste in music but the music in the gta 3 series games was better and the talk shows where really funny in the gta 3 series. I could go on making list of what was wrong with gta 4, but I will just say this it definitely wasn't worth the $100M it was estimated at and it definitely doesnt deserve a metascore of 98.

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).

while being a good game its a bad gta...

san andreas set the standarts way up there and GTA IV could live up to that.

Around the Network
9009pc said:
Mr Puggsly said:
9009pc said:
but it will never compete with san andreas or any of gta 3 series games in terms of quality or fun imo.

Well I had more fun with GTAIV. The expansions inparticular were a friggin blast.

your right maybe i should get the expansions before criticising it but it shouldn't have removed the feature that were added to san andreas in this game.  they took every thing that was fun out of the original game, and as for graphics, random character could do with more detail, main characters look great. tree's looked like they were drawn in a painting. I believe that they actually hired a artist for the bur they put on things in the background and the trees. rockstar really should take a look at bethesda's work this gen definitely in respect to the problems I just said. the music and yes this is all down to taste in music but the music in the gta 3 series games was better and the talk shows where really funny in the gta 3 series. I could go on making list of what was wrong with gta 4, but I will just say this it definitely wasn't worth the $100M it was estimated at and it definitely doesnt deserve a metascore of 98.

Well I look at it as a trade off. Some aspects were better in past games, but there have been lots of improvments that make it great. My advice is to just take it for what it is and stop comparing. You might have more fun that way.

I enjoyed the expansions because they jump straight into the action, missions are more fun, great story, and check points make the game far less frustrating. Honestly I'm not a big fan of GTAIV, but I love the expansions.

Well it was worth the 100 million because it made all the money back several times over. It'll probably be a strong seller for this entire gen. Also, the 100 million must include the game engine. That same game engine is being used in other projects (i.e. Red Dead Redemption).

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

definitely one of the best games of this generation, it's to bad the world of gaming politics has left some with a warped opinion.

Type of game you can pick up at anytime and just jump right in and have fun. The additional content was even more impressive and really shows how a down-loadable content should work in a sandbox game.

Mr Puggsly said:
9009pc said:
Mr Puggsly said:
9009pc said:

Well I look at it as a trade off. Some aspects were better in past games, but there have been lots of improvments that make it great. My advice is to just take it for what it is and stop comparing. You might have more fun that way.

I enjoyed the expansions because they jump straight into the action, missions are more fun, great story, and check points make the game far less frustrating. Honestly I'm not a big fan of GTAIV, but I love the expansions.

Well it was worth the 100 million because it made all the money back several times over. It'll probably be a strong seller for this entire gen. Also, the 100 million must include the game engine. That same game engine is being used in other projects (i.e. Red Dead Redemption).

just completed TLAD the dlc is definitely much better still doesn't make up for the original game but it has definitely clawed rockstar back a lot of respect.

correct me if I am wrong
stop me if I am bias
I love a good civilised debate (but only if we can learn something).

toastboy44562 said:

It good game, it phunny, it long, it have good physics, it have great story, it got strippers, and it have multiplayer. it have roman callin you lots and hes so nice. why you all hatin on one of the best games eva?

The cell phone and the annoying "missions" they spawned completely ruined the game.  Please dont ruin a game with a huge open world, great graphics, a decent story, and good combat, by making me play awkward pool and bowling every other mission.  Ugh, it makes me mad just thinking back about it. 

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

I still play GTA 4 its that fun especially the online with GTA race and regular race