By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - anyone wanna make our own top 100 list

In Wii Sports, all you do is play Sports.

See how that works?

Wii Sports only has 1 thing to do. Thus, it completely sucks.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
MontanaHatchet said:
In Wii Sports, all you do is play Sports.

See how that works?

Wii Sports only has 1 thing to do. Thus, it completely sucks.

Sure, but the graphics are crisper and cleaner than in the GTA games.

Better graphics > better game.

Well, yes, if you had a game with no graphics, it would be called real life.

For the list one game must out, Zelda TP it has to go.

Why are there no handheld game there?

You can add those games Tetris, Civ2 and Pirates.

And Soul Calibur 1 and 2. 

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

actually you can play 5 sports. so there are five things to do. you really gotta try to think before you post buddy. also there are training mini games which are fun. plus playing it multiplayer is amazing and thats where the tons of replay value comes in. and anyway i didn't say wii sports is great cuz of its depth, because it doesn't have a lot of depth. its just plain ridiculously fun though.

you however did talk about gta's depth. and so i pointed out that it doesn't have much of that. but i shoulda explained a bit better, cuz of course you can simplify a lot of games down to just a few things, you can say halo is just killing people. but in gta none of those 3 things have much depth (which is what makes it boring), and thats where it differs from what i like to call "good" games. these are games that are fun to play and continue to be fun to play and probably even get better as you go because of the depth of gameplay. whether its level design, AI, having to use different tactics and strategize how to beat different parts, solving puzzles, fun intense action that doesn't get stale, stuff like that is what gives a game depth.

like i said i played vice city and liked it for about a week, i mean i thought it was really cool, i remember the first time i saw gta 3 is was like this game is amazing, but that was just looking at it and not actually playing through the game. but it has no depth and so once i got tired of the mediocre missions i went to just running around the city killing people cuz that freedom to do whatever i wanted seemed to be way more fun, and as soon as the novelty of running around the city stealing cars, killing people, and running from the cops wore off (which took all of like 4 or 5 hours) it became incredibly boring so much so to the point where when i later got gta 3 it felt the exact same and i was immediately bored cuz i knew it was just the same thing in a different city, and the whole gta concept had already become very boring to me in all of like 10-15 hours with vice city.

the whole reason why i got bored with the game so quickly is because of the great lack of depth in the gameplay. if the missions were better and if there was some depth so that the game didn't get boring after getting the whole police force chasing me 3 or 4 times then the gta games would be good. but seeing as how those games i listed in my first post were obviously my opinion i put that note about gta cuz i figured someone would come on here and ask how i could leave off gta, so i was saying i didn't leave it off, i just don't think it deserves top 100, cuz i don't think its even a good game.

in summary, gta lacks depth despite you claim and has mediocre missions so that i found it very boring after a few hours of the missions and a few hours of non-mission gaming.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

ilovetogame said:
actually you can play 5 sports. so there are five things to do. you really gotta try to think before you post buddy. also there are training mini games which are fun. plus playing it multiplayer is amazing and thats where the tons of replay value comes in. and anyway i didn't say wii sports is great cuz of its depth, because it doesn't have a lot of depth. its just plain ridiculously fun though.

No, I was being general. Think before you post, buddy.

Then again, I could say that even though one of the only 3 things you can do in the game is jack cars, you can jack hundreds of different cars, so that must mean there are hundeds of different activities in the game.

Anyways, Grand Theft Auto and Wii Sports are about as opposite as games can be, so I'm finding this whole argument a big tedious. 

Around the Network

yes but jacking different cars isn't any different, you still just drive around. so still thats just one thing. the 5 sports in wii sports are in fact 5 different sports and not just very slightly different modes of the same sport.

anyway to the duke of darkness no handheld games because i'm not much of a handheld gamer. since the game boy i've stuck only to home systems. and so i could have just listed off the best handheld games but i only wanted to put up games that i've played a good amount. and yes civ2 should be on there. soul caliber probably also but when i bought my copy it was scratched to hell and so has never worked so i hven't played it much.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

Top 10

I dont know..

mM

Galaxy is needed.

New Super Mario Bros. is needed.

Okami is needed.

BioShock is needed.

Add these PC games:

The Sims

The Sims 2

Black & White

Half-Life

Half-Life 2 or The Orange Box

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

"""PC: C&C Red Alert, Star Craft, Warcraft 2, Sim City 2000""

only ??

man what you want to do will be biaised like the IGN top100 is.
It is funny to do but biaised.

If you ask people to vote then it will be biaised toward Nintendo.

Time to Work !

In this thread we argue about whether FF7, Manhunt, or Halo 3 should be #1 game of all time.

Missing some very important PC games:
Quake 3 (perfection of the death match)
Counter Strike (#1 competitive game of all time)
DOOM
Wolf 3d (beginning of the FPS genre)
Half Life 1 (won more video game of the year awards than any other game, in a year that was particularly impressive)
Dues Ex
System Shock 2 (Bioshock only 10x deeper, harder, and scarier)

Thief: The Dark Project

Fallout 1 and 2
Grim Fandango
Homeworld
TIE Fighter
Populous
Diablo
Civilization
Dune 2 (first RTS)
EQ
WoW
UO
M.U.L.E.
Planescape: Torment

I know I'm forgetting some. But there is some top 10 material in there. A top 10 list without Half Life 1 is instant epic fail, TIE Fighter should be 11-18, somewhere in there. Fallout and Planescape: Torment were both incredible RPG experiences worthy of the any top 50 for their sheer brilliance. An MMO or 2 should be represented, UO for breaking ground where Meridian failed and WoW for high ratings (even if I hate it I have to grudgingly accept it).  Dues Ex top 25 or so, System Shock 2 top 16.

These kinds of lists are not easy to construct. I've seen some pretty horrible ones, especially from comic book geeks, younger or 1 system kids, and the animu crowd.