By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why doesn't Sony..

I been thinking about this a bit too much so I think it's best I share it. I think Sony should promote the Playstation eye a lot more and advertise some games with it. That way Natal wont look  so new. Also if people already have a Ps eye then when move comes out they'll only need to buy the move controller rather than the whole package. Now I know and most of you know that the Natal camera is more advanced then the ps eye (Or so i believe) but not all the public are going to know that. I know there is a counter argument to say if Sony did do that then it will just make Natal look better but at least it wouldn't look completely "new".

Around the Network

Nobody's going to buy the PS Eye with its minimal support when they can get it bundled with the Move and a game in six months.

Nobody's really going to buy the Move either, but that's a separate issue.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

I expect both Sony and MS to make LOTS of noise about Natal & Move at E3. As far as why Sony doesn't start now, I don't know. The only commercial I've ever seen about the PS eye is for the EyePet and I couldn't tell you if the game is even available yet.

Because Sony sucks at advertising.  In the UK, I can't remember seeing a single PS3 advert.  And those Kevin Butler Ads are only in the US.

The dude abides   

Kantor said:
Nobody's going to buy the PS Eye with its minimal support when they can get it bundled with the Move and a game in six months.

He really is a secret 360 fanboy afterall! Lol jk

Around the Network

Hmm, I guess if they made a new Eye of Judgement type game for the PS3 with tons of promotions, maybe some new types of puzzle games, and repromoted EyePet, heck, even make some games like EyeToy had, call it EyePlay, lol...

heedstone said:

Because Sony sucks at advertising.  In the UK, I can't remember seeing a single PS3 advert.  And those Kevin Butler Ads are only in the US.

This.

I didn't see a single God of War III advert, thats how bad SCE UK marketing is.

Kantor said:

KANTOR? MOAR LIEK KANTROLL.

Yeah sony do suck at advertising maybe cause of financial constraints but they got better at least in what the adverts say. Natal will looker newer as things stand because people will see move as an wii imitator. I just feel sony are missing a chance here to do the same for the eye>natal.

heedstone said:

Then you must watch Tv with your eyes closed with ear plugs, Because i still see heavy rain ones, i remeber the uncharted ones, seen some about sega racing