By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Alan Wake - First 10 Minutes!!

XxXProphecyXxX said:
elticker said:
no offense but that pick of uncharted looked like uncharted 1 i palyed some of it. you gotta get better picks than these something mind blowing not uncharted 1 pics.

You know I  could post a screen shot of alan wake taken off screen and say "that looks like a wii game give me somthing mind blowing not gear1 pics"......

you know i am not joking i played the demo of uncharted 1 where if i remember correctly you fall from aeroplane battle some guys climb the ruins and it looks like it in terms of charecter models and lighting I am sorry if thats offending but to me it looks alot like it only alittle bit better.

Around the Network
shuraiya said:
The Uncharted 2 pictures posted here are pictures of a TV screen taken with a camera - possibly even a cellphone camera. It's understandable that they would look the way they do.

and the other guy is complainging that i thought it was uncharted 1 because of how it looked.

elticker said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
elticker said:
no offense but that pick of uncharted looked like uncharted 1 i palyed some of it. you gotta get better picks than these something mind blowing not uncharted 1 pics.

You know I  could post a screen shot of alan wake taken off screen and say "that looks like a wii game give me somthing mind blowing not gear1 pics"......

you know i am not joking i played the demo of uncharted 1 where if i remember correctly you fall from aeroplane battle some guys climb the ruins and it looks like it in terms of charecter models and lighting I am sorry if thats offending but to me it looks alot like it only alittle bit better.

Right......

Now that were at it how adding 3.colors in favour of Uncharted 1 yep no need for U2, U1 is enough.

I dont see what the discussion is about.. i doubt alan wake will even look as good as Uncharted 1, but theres no game on the 360 that does.

That being said, Alan Wake will be a much better game.

I have played uncharted.I just dont see any spectacular lighting.It looks like the lighting in oblivion.Its not the ps3s fault its just that the ps3 is terrible for lighting the card used doesnt handle it well.
Im not being biased im calling out biased people how can you say something that looks like a cartoon has better lighting than a game that aims to produce realistic lighting effects.

Last i checked palm trees arent neon green and water doesnt have dark shaded spot blacker than the darkest corner of the map.And stone doesnt look like its etched and then granulated

Around the Network
XxXProphecyXxX said:
elticker said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
elticker said:

Right......

Now that were at it how adding 3.colors in favour of Uncharted 1 yep no need for U2, U1 is enough.

i will be generous with that oen though alan wake has a lot of colors 3-3 tie between uncharted and alan wake.

BW_JP said:
I dont see what the discussion is about.. i doubt alan wake will even look as good as Uncharted 1

It already does if you cant see it you had a lobotomy

BioDomePoo said:
I have played uncharted.I just dont see any spectacular lighting.It looks like the lighting in oblivion.Its not the ps3s fault its just that the ps3 is terrible for lighting the card used doesnt handle it well.
Im not being biased im calling out biased people how can you say something that looks like a cartoon has better lighting than a game that aims to produce realistic lighting effects.

Last i checked palm trees arent neon green and water doesnt have dark shaded spot blacker than the darkest corner of the map.And stone doesnt look like its etched and then granulated

lol that was hilarious. neon green lol. I guess thats why uncharted 2 doesnt impress me its because its too catoony but i give it respect cause of poly number and detail since if i dont ps3 fans would be all over me.

You claim Alan Wake has the "best lighting ever" have you played Uncharted 2?

*Spoilers*

Uncharted 2 can do torches and darkness too, I dare you to find the flat textures and blocky objects that are seen all over Alan Wake too, in all the screenshots theres loads of square objects and not many extra props in scenes unless it's baked into textures.

For a more realistic styled environment how about Heavy Rain?

*Spoilers*

This isn't a PS3 vs 360 thing, I'd compare it to other 360 games, but I know these look better so they were easiest to find, most MW2 footage is probably PC. These are gameplay videos too, not cream of the crop screenshots.

Alan Wake may look great, I don't deny that, but it just REALLY isn't THAT amazing like people are making out, honestly, it's driving me nuts, lol.

-Insert PSN Portable ID here-

-Insert XBL Portable ID here-

-Insert Witty Quote/Comment here-

i am enjoying this. where the heck is selnor i need to laugh. some comments here are hilarious.