By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Alan Wake - First 10 Minutes!!

"water isn't suppose to be dark shaded"

LOL!!! then go tell GOD to update his outdated graphics card because in real life water can be dark shaded as well AHAHAHAAH!

Around the Network
elticker said:
i am enjoying this. where the heck is selnor i need to laugh. some comments here are hilarious.

there isnt a single more delusional person on vgchartz.

Yes you need him, to share your craziness :P

JimmyRay said:

You claim Alan Wake has the "best lighting ever" have you played Uncharted 2?

*Spoilers*

Uncharted 2 can do torches and darkness too, I dare you to find the flat textures and blocky objects that are seen all over Alan Wake too, in all the screenshots theres loads of square objects and not many extra props in scenes unless it's baked into textures.

For a more realistic styled environment how about Heavy Rain?

*Spoilers*

This isn't a PS3 vs 360 thing, I'd compare it to other 360 games, but I know these look better so they were easiest to find, most MW2 footage is probably PC. These are gameplay videos too, not cream of the crop screenshots.

Alan Wake may look great, I don't deny that, but it just REALLY isn't THAT amazing like people are making out, honestly, it's driving me nuts, lol.

it is trust me :). when i have enough spare cash ima gonna buy a ps3 to play heavy rain, god of war 3 and rent uncharted since i thought it was boring as hell but i would like to see the cinematics since i love to paly movie like games amnd forgut mgs4.

still waiting for syphon filter so i buy my ps3.

JimmyRay said:

You claim Alan Wake has the "best lighting ever" have you played Uncharted 2?

*Spoilers*

Uncharted 2 can do torches and darkness too, I dare you to find the flat textures and blocky objects that are seen all over Alan Wake too, in all the screenshots theres loads of square objects and not many extra props in scenes unless it's baked into textures.

For a more realistic styled environment how about Heavy Rain?

*Spoilers*

This isn't a PS3 vs 360 thing, I'd compare it to other 360 games, but I know these look better so they were easiest to find, most MW2 footage is probably PC. These are gameplay videos too, not cream of the crop screenshots.

Alan Wake may look great, I don't deny that, but it just REALLY isn't THAT amazing like people are making out, honestly, it's driving me nuts, lol.

eltickr, fixed the UC2 link, had it set for the 720p version. I must've spent about an hour just walking round the cave in that bit with my jaw on the floor trying to find something that looked unrealistic!

-Insert PSN Portable ID here-

-Insert XBL Portable ID here-

-Insert Witty Quote/Comment here-

the game look amazing... but to be honest it doesn´t look better than Uncharted 2 or GoWIII.

see ya

Around the Network
MikeB said:
Looks like a cool game albeit a bit dark.

One thing looks absolutely certain though, the game does not deserve the graphics hype it gets from certain 360 fans. Neither the cinematics nor ingame graphics come remotely near to Uncharted 2 (it was claimed by some this game would surpass Uncharted 2, actually it does not beat Uncharted 1 by a long shot in this sense).

Your off topic, the topic is AW not Uncharted 2. 

Stay on topic please.

I want to watch but i cant, i dont wanna ruin the game :P

BW_JP said:
elticker said:
i am enjoying this. where the heck is selnor i need to laugh. some comments here are hilarious.

there isnt a single more delusional person on vgchartz.

Yes you need him, to share your craziness :P

:) i am not crazy but if you wnat my real opnion on uncharted then i would say it isnt as good as people tout it ot be and alan wake looks better. but ofcourse its subjective as i dont like to play cartoon like games i actually despise them beyond imaging as i bought destroy all humans and saints row 2 and its a pain to just play them. I enjoy selnor cause he adds flavor to the discuassion and comes with the best comments not because hes crazy. hes may be off in what he says but he is probably joking all of the time.

Garnett said:
MikeB said:

One thing looks absolutely certain though, the game does not deserve the graphics hype it gets from certain 360 fans. Neither the cinematics nor ingame graphics come remotely near to Uncharted 2 (it was claimed by some this game would surpass Uncharted 2, actually it does not beat Uncharted 1 by a long shot in this sense).

Stay on topic please.

same for me i havent watched any of the new leaked vids cause i want to play it and not know how the start is.

I hope this thread gets locked. I can't believe the behavior I'm seeing here. Do graphics really matter so much? Especially over an unreleased game?

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Garnett said:
MikeB said:

Stay on topic please.

Fellow human being you give me brain damage everytime I come across your posts. I like Nas.