By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why are ps3 exclusives sellig so badly compared to xbox360?

Squilliam said:
d21lewis said:
360 has higher attach rate

Im attached to you. Is that because of the 360?

it doesnt hurt

Around the Network

I know why... Its because PS3 barely caught fire with the slim models recfently. If all those games (Killzone 2 and R2) were to release around this time they would see GoW3 first week sales as well.

Squilliam said:
d21lewis said:

No, the 360 hates you.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Well you have to look at the PS3's approach to sales compared to Xbox 360's. First of all, most of those PS3 games listed aren't  vast multiplayer games. Also, notice how you listed only 3 Xbox games and yet you listed nearly double that of PS3 games. Those "little" numbers in sales that ps3 gets will help in the long run against xbox. Sure, Halo had more sales than 3 games combined, but that's because there are 5 million more consoles for Xbox 360, and there's 9 million more Xbox consoles in America, (because ps3 sold a year after).

Because Sony doesn't make games with Arcade-ish Online MP controls/offline Multiplayer...

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Squilliam said:
d21lewis said:

No, the 360 hates you.

I bet you put lipstick on your Xbox 360 and take it to bed. Only now you're jealous that maybe 360 likes me more than you!

Tease.

Zedex said:
enrageorange said:
halo 3 is the flagship title of the xbox 360. Gears of War was the first great exclusive of the 360 and has thus become very popular, just like MGS4 sold very well since it was the first great exclusive on the ps3. PS3 lost exclusivity on one of its flagship titles GTA, and hasn't had any others although a lot of people think GT5 will be it and they're probably right.

I never knew gta was ps3 exclusive? How come there have been gta games on the original xbox if it was exclusive?

btw why did gta4 become multiplat?

san andreas was on the original xbox and sold 1.98 million copies, not alot considering that was one of the most well known and sought after games of last gen in the mainstream media.However the ps3 version sold 18.27 million huge difference.

I Hate the fact that all these pillows are contaminated by retard!!

A list of exclusive games over 1 million for each respective console according to VGChartz:

Halo 3                 

Gears of War           

Gears of War 2             

Halo 3: ODST                                       

Forza Motorsport 2       

Fable II                 

Left 4 Dead             

Left 4 Dead 2            

Mass Effect

Halo Wars                 

Dead Rising             

Crackdown 

Mass Effect 2            

Viva Pinata               

Project Gotham Racing 3       

Dead or Alive 4           

PS3

Metal Gear Solid 4       

Resistance               

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue     

MotorStorm                

LittleBigPlanet           

Uncharted 2               

Uncharted                 

Killzone 2               

Ratchet & Clank ToD       

Resistance 2             

God of War III           

inFamous              

Heavenly Sword           

Heavy Rain             

SOCOM Confrontation       

(360)                                         (PS3)

>10m                1                      >10m                0                      Result 360 > PS3 (1+)

>5m                  2                      >5m                  0                      Result 360 > PS3 (1+)

>4m                  1                      >4m                  1                      Result Draw

>3m                  2                      >3m                  6                      Result PS3 > 360 (4+)

>2m                  3                      >2m                  1                      Result 360 > PS3 (2+)

>1m                  7                      >1m                  6                      Result 360 > PS3 (1+)

Highlight

>10m (360) = Halo 3

>5m (360) = Gears, Gears 2

>4m (360 = Halo ODST

*Observation: Removal of 2 significant franchise result in a near  parity of exclusive sales.

*Conclusion: The reason PS3 exclusives are selling so badly compare to Xbox360 is...

HALO AND GEARS!!!!!!

HOLY SHIT! I SO SMART!

Squilliam said:
Kantor said:
Squilliam said:
d21lewis said:

No, the 360 hates you.

I bet you put lipstick on your Xbox 360 and take it to bed. Only now you're jealous that maybe 360 likes me more than you!

Just because Yana likes you more doesn't mean that 360 does!

Tim likes me more as well.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Halo is a huge franchise.
PS3 has a smaller install base
Microsoft advertises better
Some PS3s are just used as Blu-ray players.

All of the above with special mention to the last point.

Considering all of my friends who own PS3's, almost half use the machine as a standlone BR player and two of them dont even own any games.