By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why are ps3 exclusives sellig so badly compared to xbox360?

Blu ray is not a good argument, software sales in "others" proves it. Now I would say its because userbase is more diverse, on overall software sales PS3 sells more in ratio of its userbase.

Around the Network

Agrees with Kantor

That's Gordon Freeman in "Real-Life"

Kantor said:
Some PS3s are just used as Blu-ray players.

So? Some 360s are just used as doorstops. You'll have to do better than that, Kantor.

I think it comes down to demographics, the 360 is known mainly as a console for shooters and I think you will find the vast majority of 360 owners bought the console for a shooter whether that be Halo, Gears or Call of Duty (even though its multi-plat) The PS3 however probably has a lot of PS2 owners who bought their newest console and if you look at the PS2 games sales they were spread out very evenly between multiple genres. Some PS3 owners bought the system for RPGS, some for racing games, some for platformers and some for shooters

Gears of war,Halo this two
xbox haz games))

Around the Network

It's easy. Just look at the amount of games published by Sony.
There are just many more exclusives available for PS3.
Moreover, the userbase is much more diverse meaning that a lot of games sell well
but none extrordinary.

badgenome said:
Kantor said:
Some PS3s are just used as Blu-ray players.

So? Some 360s are just used as doorstops. You'll have to do better than that, Kantor.

lol

Look at them exclusives you listed, shooters, people on 360 ADORE shooters, it's all they ever like, whereas on the PS3, people like all kinds of games, and not just shooters, you'll see that the PS3 offers more variety, especially in the exclusive games it has, example, LittleBigPlanet. So shooters aren't going to sell better at all, are they...

lol maybe i should make a thread as to why do jrpg's sell better on ps3, FF XII being a really good example

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Smaller Install base, and most of the games the PS3 has are 3rd person...the fad since halo 1 has been 1st person games. I realize Gears is 3rd person, but it plays a lot more like a 1st shooter than Uncharted 2 does.

also Kilzone 2 was sold at a time when barely anyone had PS3s.

The only sales that really surprise me is God of War.

Another reason is think of how many more "good" exclusives are on the PS3.  360 has like 3 worth buying a year (if that) so more people are going to flock to them.