By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Everyone should play Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber right now*.

Whelp, the deed is done. I own this game both on the VC and N64 now.

Got it along with Pokemon Puzzle League for my girlfriend and Zombies Ate my Neighbors.

Now I don't know if I wanna keep playing Culdcept Saga or jump right in and start a new Ogre Battle campaign...

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
Kasz216 said:

As an update... I plan on picking up the VC version tonight.

That and my girlfriend wants Pokemon Puzzle League.

Imagine that the knitted Mega Man in your avatar is cheering.

He is me.

Oh, also he's not knitted actually... he's melted wax.

Okay. I'm in.

Started my game... and my units are all dead set neutral... that... is going to make it hard to liberate cities early on.

All my units are neutral too. I just skip towns that I know I'll capture because their morale is too high/low.

Around the Network
Kenology said:
All my units are neutral too. I just skip towns that I know I'll capture because their morale is too high/low.

This shouldn't be happening if you fight enemy units of a consistent alignment. Kill some chaotic units, you'll start getting lawful.

You need to get away from neutrality, a lot of the best units require some kind of alignment...

Khuutra said:
Kenology said:

This shouldn't be happening if you fight enemy units of a consistent alignment. Kill some chaotic units, you'll start getting lawful.

You need to get away from neutrality, a lot of the best units require some kind of alignment...

I haven't really run into any chaotic units yet.  And on top of that, there are characters within some units that have skills tipped in either direction but you never know who in your squad is gonna slay that one person.  Granted, I'm still early in chapter 1 - I'm sure I'll see more lawful and chaotic units as I go along.

I'm playing this game alongside Monster Hunter Tri now, I'm in ****in' paradise =)

By the way, early on you don't have to worry a great deal, almost all towns are in the neutral range anyway; a tip, guard but don't capture the green towns.

Another thing; Chaos Frame early on won't make huge differences in how things go. It's good to have it high, but it won't kill you if Chapter 1 is kind of a bust; there's one fairly minor archer character who joins if you have high enough Chaos frame in Chapter 2 - but not much else until sometime during Chapter 3 (by which time, a good run through Chapter 2 should give sufficient Chaos Frame).

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Kenology said:
Khuutra said:
Kenology said:

I haven't really run into any chaotic units yet.  And on top of that, there are characters within some units that have skills tipped in either direction but you never know who in your squad is gonna slay that one person.  Granted, I'm still early in chapter 1 - I'm sure I'll see more lawful and chaotic units as I go along.

No need to worry about that: the real deal breaker early on is unit level; "high-level" units will get chaotic, and vice-versa. By the tenth stage, your units will start tipping towards one direction or the other, and by stage 20 you'll be wishing for the good ol' days of neutral units.

noname2200 said:
Kenology said:
Khuutra said:

No need to worry about that: the real deal breaker early on is unit level; "high-level" units will get chaotic, and vice-versa. By the tenth stage, your units will start tipping towards one direction or the other, and by stage 20 you'll be wishing for the good ol' days of neutral units.

This is very true.

Though peer pressure ended up mattering a lot more in my units by the end...