By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Everyone should play Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber right now*.

famousringo said:
metalmonstar said:
Is there a system to catching monsters? Is it based on my alignment or just luck?

Alignment is definitely a factor. I've seen platinum dragons eagerly run to my lawful characters, and run the hell away from chaotic characters.

I'm guessing that some critters respond better than others to having the crap beaten out of them, too.

I think that almost all critters are more likely to join when their health is low.

Very nice choice by the by.

Around the Network
Khuutra said:
famousringo said:
metalmonstar said:
Is there a system to catching monsters? Is it based on my alignment or just luck?

Alignment is definitely a factor. I've seen platinum dragons eagerly run to my lawful characters, and run the hell away from chaotic characters.

I'm guessing that some critters respond better than others to having the crap beaten out of them, too.

I think that almost all critters are more likely to join when their health is low.

From what i've read on guides it states that for small creatures not to hurt them.  For Big creatures do more damage to them.

EDIT:  Thanks for the avatars they are awesome Khuutra!

shakarak said:
Khuutra said:

From what i've read on guides it states that for small creatures not to hurt them.  For Big creatures do more damage to them.

Glad you like them. That one's a good pick.

Could you link to a guide that says that? I like having correct information whenever possible!

Khuutra said:
shakarak said:
Khuutra said:

Glad you like them. That one's a good pick.

Could you link to a guide that says that? I like having correct information whenever possible!

I don't quite remember the site.  It was either off an ogrebattle official site or a gamfaqs guide.  I don't think Atlus actually ever released the conditions behind acquiring monsters.  But using this method I normally have about 85% success rate.

Alright, I have a few questions, what monsters should I pick up early game? How many units can you have? How long does it take to upgrade a knight or amazon? Is there a fast way to level up soldiers?

95% of gamers don't know they are noobs, the 5% who do won't be noobs for long

Check out my kickstarter project: http://kck.st/15CEuUT

Check out my blog: http://www.metropolisgaming.com

Around the Network
metalmonstar said:
Alright, I have a few questions, what monsters should I pick up early game? How many units can you have? How long does it take to upgrade a knight or amazon? Is there a fast way to level up soldiers?

Early game I don't know that I'd bother with anything but maybe a few Hawkmen and a couple of dragons. You can field - I think it's ten units at once. I wouldn't take any more than that. Knights and amazons upgrade according to their stats, not according to level. You level up soldiers more quickly by having more of them in battle.

I prefer pikmin, go buy them both immediately.............

jeffrey9999 said:
I prefer pikmin, go buy them both immediately.............

You should play Ogre Battle! 64, specifically. It's great. Also it's the subject of this topic.

As an update... I plan on picking up the VC version tonight.

That and my girlfriend wants Pokemon Puzzle League.

Kasz216 said:

As an update... I plan on picking up the VC version tonight.

That and my girlfriend wants Pokemon Puzzle League.

Imagine that the knitted Mega Man in your avatar is cheering.

He is me.