By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Without a doubt in my mind Kratos would annihilate Link.

morenoingrato said:
I don't know, kratos is wild, but link is clever.....
I'll have to say kratos has a bigger chance........
but then.... there is no blood or gore in zelda, so kratos wouldn't rip his head off for legal reasons, and since all atacks of cratos involve blood link would win.
sadly that won' apply if link is the one who visits kratos

As much as Kratos comes off as just a violent roided up dumb oaf he is actually clever and smart too.

Around the Network
Xero said:
Khuutra said:

I mean the post that was higher up. The longer one.

Kratos's powers are consistent canonically, but they're much lower than people give him credit for unless he's channeling the power of Hope, as he does when he fights gods and titans.

Also Kratos can hit zeus when he's in his 'ethereal' form which you would think would naturally be intangible. Also whilst Athena is normally 'intangible' she seems to believe Zeus will 'strike her down' screaming 'you can't and flinching' as he brandishes Zeus sword. 

So whilst Kratos certainly may not be able to hit intangible targets with the claw of hades, it's apparent that he can with the sword of Zeus. 

Zeus's "ethereal" form isn't intangible, it lifts up Kratos by the neck and Kratos is able to grab it by the wrist.

Athena's form doesn't seem to be immune ot magic. Link with the Magic Cape is, however.

Dtw doesn't the shadow imply that link is tangible? because light particles must be hitting him and deferring in order to produce a shadow. So he must have physical form...

letsdance said:
Khuutra said:

Kratos can't counter what he can't see, and he can't hit what he can't touch.

What point in time are we talking about Kratos here? Kratos in GoW3 doesn't have access to the loom anymore.

The shadow is still appearent. Kratos would be able to see it no matter how much you want to believe Kratos would be the same shitty AI back in the SNES era

I don't know why I have to keep reiterating that that wasn't an accident of programming, it was intentional.

Khuutra said:
Xero said:
Khuutra said:

I mean the post that was higher up. The longer one.

Kratos's powers are consistent canonically, but they're much lower than people give him credit for unless he's channeling the power of Hope, as he does when he fights gods and titans.

Also Kratos can hit zeus when he's in his 'ethereal' form which you would think would naturally be intangible. Also whilst Athena is normally 'intangible' she seems to believe Zeus will 'strike her down' screaming 'you can't and flinching' as he brandishes Zeus sword. 

So whilst Kratos certainly may not be able to hit intangible targets with the claw of hades, it's apparent that he can with the sword of Zeus. 

Zeus's "ethereal" form isn't intangible, it lifts up Kratos by the neck and Kratos is able to grab it by the wrist.

Athena's form doesn't seem to be immune ot magic. Link with the Magic Cape is, however.

Seems to be quite an assumption. You just don't want to believe it could be exclusively Zues' sword, as this could compromise Links cape. 

Around the Network
Xero said:
Dtw doesn't the shadow imply that link is tangible? because light particles must be hitting him and deferring in order to produce a shadow. So he must have physical form...

If light was hitting Link then it would also be bouncing off of him, which means he owuld be visible, so no, that isn't why he has a shadow. he doesn't have physical form, either - he can walk through some walls, and also through enemies. Even bosses!

Xero said:
Khuutra said:

Seems to be quite an assumption. You just don't want to believe it could be exclusively Zues' sword, as this could compromise Links cape. 

We have no reason to assume that the Sword of Olympus would be able to hurt Link with the Magic Cape on.

Actually we don't particularly have any reason to assume that of Athena either, since it had obviously never stabbed her in this form before.

Khuutra said:
letsdance said:
Khuutra said:

Kratos can't counter what he can't see, and he can't hit what he can't touch.

What point in time are we talking about Kratos here? Kratos in GoW3 doesn't have access to the loom anymore.

The shadow is still appearent. Kratos would be able to see it no matter how much you want to believe Kratos would be the same shitty AI back in the SNES era

I don't know why I have to keep reiterating that that wasn't an accident of programming, it was intentional.

I never met a lead developer who worked on  a Zelda title before. Tell me oh great one what new weapons is the new zelda going to have?

Oh... now I see that someone already mentioned the Helios' Head :P sorry :P

And by the way, Athena was also kind of intangible... she even passed through Kratos' body once :P and she can also grab stuff... but at the end of the game (Massive spoilers), she was afraid of being hit by the blade of Olympus... so that can probably work too :P.

Offtopic: I hate my wireless connection >_> It seems like everytime I'm talking to someone or doing something on the internet it just stops working and I have to turn it off and on again and wait for a while for it to work again >_

A banner stolen from some site xD

Release Final Fantasy Versus XIII nowwwwwwwwww!!! lol :P

But still, that means light can touch him. So whilst he can pass through physical forms, concentration of light/radiation would still be able to hit link... so Helio's head would be able to hit and effect link returning him to trueform. If he didn't have a shadow this wouldn't be possible, but he does.