By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - NEW DRAGON QUEST Wii - No its not DQ X -

Many fans have been expecting announcements regarding Wii exclusive Dragon Quest X over the last few weeks, but Square Enix seems to be developing a new game in the series.

Monster Battle Road Victory is a port of the arcade game, Dragon Quest: Monster Battle Road, which released in July 2007, and is based on Dragon Quest VIII for PS2. Similar to the Pokemon Stadium series and its successors, Monster Battle Road puts characters from the main series in an arena, and has them fight to the "death".

The game contains some monsters of its own, but more can be added by using the DSi Card Scanner. The game will also support online play over the Wii network.

No other information has been revealed, and no American release has been confirmed.

Source: Examiner

Official Game Page (Japanese)

From here ^~

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Around the Network

I ok with ...it will give japan they DQ fix until X come out. also will give the wii a huge sales boost in japan that its needing.

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Shonen said:
I ok with ...it will give japan they DQ fix until X come out. also will give the wii a huge sales boost in japan that its needing.

I'm wondering, how will this give the Wii a huge sales boost? A 3 year old arcade port?

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
Shonen said:

I'm wondering, how will this give the Wii a huge sales boost? A 3 year old arcade port?

Well it IS Dragon Quest. I mean, you wouldn't have thought a sub-par on-rails sword game would have given the Wii a boost but it did.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

trestres said:
Shonen said:

well the Advent children BR with FFXIII demo gave the PS3 a sales boost, so why not an actuall game? It's fanservice as you have the whole cast of previous games...

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

This had me excited, until I read what it was and realized it was just a subpar port of an old game. Come on, give us something new.

Yes! I've dreamed of this moment!

When is the Black Wii coming out? I'm getting this game.

*Is Shamelessly excited*

how lame >_>

can it get worse than this?

miz1q2w3e said:
how lame >_>

can it get worse than this?

Yes.

Dragon Quest vs Ninjabread Man spin-off.

Oh wait, that would actually be awesome.

trestres said:
Shonen said:

Not huge, but at least level it off for a while, potentially. You underestimate the level for which the Japanese are apeshit about Dragon Quest

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.