By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone here play/played MW2 or Gears of War (1/2) for the story?

BW_JP said:
Garnett said:
SP are so 90's.

The only games i play for story are games with no MP or shitty MP like UC2.

Wow. 

Indeed.

Around the Network

Please don't take offense to this, If I ever want to go play a great story I go play a PS3 exclusive, If I ever want to play a fun Multiplayer with my friends I go to my 360.

PS3 exclusives I play for story: MGS4, Uncharted, Uncharted 2, Infamous, Heavy Rain, God of War III
PS3 exclusives I play for Multiplayer: Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, MGS4

360 exclusives I play for story: Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2
360 exclusives I play for Multiplayer: Halo 3, Gears 2, Left 4 Dead, Left 4 Dead 2

I play the single player campaign of all my games. Mutliplayer is just for lasting appeal in my eyes. Even if Gears/CoD/Halo had only single player I'd still buy them. I just wouldn't keep them as long.

I played the first Gears for story. I played all three's single player campaigns all the way through. (and on Insane with both Gears)

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Well since the story in Call of Duty 4 was simply awesome, I was really expecting the MW2 one to be similar but I must admit I was a little disappointed.

And yes I played both Gears of War for the story.

Around the Network

Haven't played the Gears games, but I certainly did with MW2 after the awesomesauce that is CoD4, but it was pretty disappointing. :/
Multiplayer is just icing on the cake for me, and MW2 wasn't all that great multiplayer for me.

I got my 360 and to be honest, I had no interest in Gears of War. It just looked like a graphically impressive, mindless game. I was more interested in Kameo, to be honest.

My girlfriends nephew brought his copy of the game over and played it for a while. I was impressed by what I saw.

Not so much the graphics/story (which I actually do love) but the characters. I remember laughing at some of the comments made by Cole and Baird on several different occasions. And when Maria died, I was blown away! GeoW is probably my favorite new IP of this gen.

d21lewis said:
I got my 360 and to be honest, I had no interest in Gears of War. It just looked like a graphically impressive, mindless game. I was more interested in Kameo, to be honest.

My girlfriends nephew brought his copy of the game over and played it for a while. I was impressed by what I saw.

Not so much the graphics/story (which I actually do love) but the characters. I remember laughing at some of the comments made by Cole and Baird on several different occasions. And when Maria died, I was blown away! GeoW is probably my favorite new IP of this gen.

Gah, the internet ruined that one for me.

WHERE'S MY WIFE?!?!?!?!?!!??!!!!!

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

No.

Evan Wells (Uncharted 2): I think the differences that you see between any two games has much more to do with the developer than whether it’s on the Xbox or PS3.

Gears of War 1 & 2