By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crysis2 ps3 performs better than 360 version.

binary solo said:
"At the moment, we're getting slightly more performance from PS3 compared to 360."

What does that even mean?

Firstly it's a qualified statement ("At the moment") meaning in the end the situation could be different.

Secondly "more performance" could mean many things, some of which don't necessarily amount to the PS3 version being a better version of the game.

Thirdly "slightly" means almost indistinguishable, which means negligible, which means mountain out of a mole hill.

Having said all that I am extremely pleased that there is a licensed game engine that has the potential to once and for all kill of any last vestiges of justification for bad porting jobs on multiplat games. If you can't make your own game engine to deliver equal quality multiplats then don't bother, go and licence Cry Engine 3 for your game and save us from bad port jobs.

Respectfully disagree. If it were negligible it either wouldn't have been mentioned or they would have said, ps3 is slightly more powerful however results are negligible.  The statement says to me that there is a noticeable, yet minor, performance advantage to the ps3.

Around the Network

I'm sure it's gonna look great, but this is just PR-talk. Most (if not all) of these 'performance' interviews are.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

PS3 is slightly better at the moment..... this consoles a whole year NEWER than the 360 and has HDD as standard...

its dissapointing that its only SLIGHTLY better :-S

Wandamaximoff said:
PS3 is slightly better at the moment..... this consoles a whole year NEWER than the 360 and has HDD as standard...

This is a multiplatform game and what does the HDD have to do with anything?

Wandamaximoff said:

if there is noticable difference their engine will not selll as it's for multiplat games.it's supposed the same.

Around the Network

i want gameplay video, how many threads of them just talking about it?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

I feel sorry for them, the top 3 is already made and won't change until GT5. UC2 KZ2 GOW3.

i generaly dont listen to this kinda stuff but the fact hes not being a load mouth and saying its garanteed to be the best tooking game ever and instead saying def in top 3 makes him seem alot more honest

If people aren't convinced they'll be equal now and want to use super minor differences to brag, I give up on this gen's gamers.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

binary solo said:
"At the moment, we're getting slightly more performance from PS3 compared to 360."

What does that even mean?

Firstly it's a qualified statement ("At the moment") meaning in the end the situation could be different.

Secondly "more performance" could mean many things, some of which don't necessarily amount to the PS3 version being a better version of the game.

Thirdly "slightly" means almost indistinguishable, which means negligible, which means mountain out of a mole hill.

Having said all that I am extremely pleased that there is a licensed game engine that has the potential to once and for all kill of any last vestiges of justification for bad porting jobs on multiplat games. If you can't make your own game engine to deliver equal quality multiplats then don't bother, go and licence Cry Engine 3 for your game and save us from bad port jobs.

This.

I'm glad some people can view this statement for what it is and not overexaggerate it into proof that the PS3 version will be somehow noticeably superior come release.  I love logical thinkers on VGChartz.  It's a refreshing escape from the norm.