By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crysis2 ps3 performs better than 360 version.

eggs2see said:
binary solo said:
"At the moment, we're getting slightly more performance from PS3 compared to 360."

What does that even mean?

Firstly it's a qualified statement ("At the moment") meaning in the end the situation could be different.

Secondly "more performance" could mean many things, some of which don't necessarily amount to the PS3 version being a better version of the game.

Thirdly "slightly" means almost indistinguishable, which means negligible, which means mountain out of a mole hill.

Having said all that I am extremely pleased that there is a licensed game engine that has the potential to once and for all kill of any last vestiges of justification for bad porting jobs on multiplat games. If you can't make your own game engine to deliver equal quality multiplats then don't bother, go and licence Cry Engine 3 for your game and save us from bad port jobs.

Respectfully disagree. If it were negligible it either wouldn't have been mentioned or they would have said, ps3 is slightly more powerful however results are negligible.  The statement says to me that there is a noticeable, yet minor, performance advantage to the ps3.

I agree it can be interpretted in slightly different ways.  However, with no explanation of what that "slightly more performance" actually is, we have no say.  It could be they are simply getting a few frames per second smoother picture on the PS3 version.  It could be that loading times are slightly faster.  It doesn't say anything regarding graphics or the overall appearance of the game to the end user which is what I can't stand.  Some people in this thread have clearly taken this minor phrase to fit their console praising agendas. (not you, eggs2see or binary solo)

Around the Network

i knew this would one day happen, a company has finally find out the patience to use the full power of the ps3 ( ps3 has 7 "sub sections" in it's cpu which aren't used in multiplates, only exclusives use them, because it takes longer to develop). i wonder if it will be as god as kz2/uc2/gow3.

Being in 3rd place never felt so good

nightsurge said:
binary solo said:
"At the moment, we're getting slightly more performance from PS3 compared to 360."

What does that even mean?

Firstly it's a qualified statement ("At the moment") meaning in the end the situation could be different.

Secondly "more performance" could mean many things, some of which don't necessarily amount to the PS3 version being a better version of the game.

Thirdly "slightly" means almost indistinguishable, which means negligible, which means mountain out of a mole hill.

Having said all that I am extremely pleased that there is a licensed game engine that has the potential to once and for all kill of any last vestiges of justification for bad porting jobs on multiplat games. If you can't make your own game engine to deliver equal quality multiplats then don't bother, go and licence Cry Engine 3 for your game and save us from bad port jobs.

This.

I'm glad some people can view this statement for what it is and not overexaggerate it into proof that the PS3 version will be somehow noticeably superior come release.  I love logical thinkers on VGChartz.  It's a refreshing escape from the norm.

I imagine the majority of people who are boasting are just poking fun at RAZurrection.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

nightsurge said:

I agree it can be interpretted in slightly different ways.  However, with no explanation of what that "slightly more performance" actually is, we have no say.  It could be they are simply getting a few frames per second smoother picture on the PS3 version.  It could be that loading times are slightly faster.  It doesn't say anything regarding graphics or the overall appearance of the game to the end user which is what I can't stand.  Some people in this thread have clearly taken this minor phrase to fit their console praising agendas. (not you, eggs2see or binary solo)

I think it's more of an arrogant retaliation against some posters a couple of thread's back that we're claiming that the 360 version was superior and continued to do so despite Crytek already saying the game was equal on both consoles.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

^In that case it serves them right.

Around the Network
zgamer5 said:
i knew this would one day happen, a company has finally find out the patience to use the full power of the ps3 ( ps3 has 7 "sub sections" in it's cpu which aren't used in multiplates, only exclusives use them, because it takes longer to develop). i wonder if it will be as god as kz2/uc2/gow3.

Sorry you are ignorant, BF:BC2 is a multiplat that uses those "sub sections", Ref: their GDC presentations on their task/job scheduling subsystems for their engine.

By watching the last video footage the differences was already apparent. Some people claimed that it was because of brightness level and/or ambient light reflecting on the TV. Well, now we know. But like reasonable says the situation can vary upon release of the final product.

Didnt they say they maxed out the PS3 while the 360 has more power?

Of course the PS3 performs better if you maxed it out, wait till they unlock the full power of the xenos...

Now it sounds like 2006 all over again >_<

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Crysis-2-Maxes-Out-the-PlayStation-3-Says-Crytek-CEO-114271.shtml

Garnett said:

Didnt they say they maxed out the PS3 while the 360 has more power?

Of course the PS3 performs better if you maxed it out, wait till they unlock the full power of the xenos...

Now it sounds like 2006 all over again >_<

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Crysis-2-Maxes-Out-the-PlayStation-3-Says-Crytek-CEO-114271.shtml

This is from the article you posted: "After the company's long-time partner, EA, declared that it had maxed out on the Xbox 360, but that it still had a long way to go on the PS3, the creators of the newly announced Crysis 2 revealed that it would max out the Sony console."

Again:

Crytek 1

Overenthusiastic console specific male child 0

They are playing people for extra attention.

Tease.