By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Crysis2 ps3 performs better than 360 version.

Crysis 2 PS3 'performs better than 360 version'

Crytek admits it's getting more from Sony's machine

Crytek has admitted that its getting "slightly more performance" out of the PS3 version of Crysis 2 than the Xbox 360 edition.

However, the studio's business development boss Carl Jones said he was confident the game would become the best-looking title "on every platform".

The studio has previously revealed that it overcame problems squeezing the game's massive CryEngine 3 onto console.

However, it went on to claim that the game's graphics were the best you'd ever see on console - something CVG's own experience of the Xbox 360 version backed up.

Our man Ryan saw just a snippet of gameplay running on PS3, and said it looked exactly the same as the 360 version. But now it appears that over the course of the title, Sony's system might have the edge.

Jones added that Crytek had no difficulty developing for the PS3 in comparison to the 360.

"We haven't found it more difficult to develop for PS3," he told CVG sister magazine PSM3.

"We're lucky in the fact that we've come to the generation slightly later than other people - the ones who were trying to build the first technology and games were surprised at how different the PS3 was. We took our time and worked out the right way to approach it.

"At the moment, we're getting slightly more performance from PS3 compared to 360. I'm very confident that products using CryEngine 3 are going to come out as the best looking, or at least in the top three, on every platform."

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=242728

What a co insidence, there was a thread questioning how the ps3 version of crysis runs in comparison to the 360 well here's the latest update by crytek.

EDIT* http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=106893&page=2

here's the thread

Around the Network

lol and I was just about to post this article in that thread!

We'll see how things turn out once we get to see the actual Crysis 2 run on the PS3 and X360.

tihiiiiiii Razzuraction oh my friend,what can i say???keep waiting, it ll happen some day ;).

good news regardless :p

SpartanFX said:
tihiiiiiii Razzuraction oh my friend,what can i say???keep waiting, it ll happen some day ;).

LOL....what?

Good to see a developer taking the ps3 seriously finally, hopefully this trend will continue now that the ps3 is gaining momentum. I don't think any reasonable person would say the x360 is more powerful than the ps3.

Around the Network
XxXProphecyXxX said:
SpartanFX said:

LOL....what?

Razzuraction has been going on about how PS3 version is inferior since it hasn't been shown.And also how X360 version of crysis 2 will destroy everything on PS3 and that sort of things.

he knows what i said so let's not focus on this in this thread ;)

Now that explains a lot of previous threads that didn't make much sense.

"At the moment, we're getting slightly more performance from PS3 compared to 360."

What does that even mean?

Firstly it's a qualified statement ("At the moment") meaning in the end the situation could be different.

Secondly "more performance" could mean many things, some of which don't necessarily amount to the PS3 version being a better version of the game.

Thirdly "slightly" means almost indistinguishable, which means negligible, which means mountain out of a mole hill.

Having said all that I am extremely pleased that there is a licensed game engine that has the potential to once and for all kill of any last vestiges of justification for bad porting jobs on multiplat games. If you can't make your own game engine to deliver equal quality multiplats then don't bother, go and licence Cry Engine 3 for your game and save us from bad port jobs.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

SpartanFX said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
SpartanFX said:

LOL....what?

Razzuraction has been going on about how PS3 version is inferior since it hasn't been shown.And also how X360 version of crysis 2 will destroy everything on PS3 and that sort of things.

LOL!!!well that too bad for him.

SpartanFX said:
XxXProphecyXxX said:
SpartanFX said:

LOL....what?

I remember. We gonna bring it all up at the right time.