By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God Of War 3- TOP DRAW reviews....Poor Sales?

FFS look at the history of GoW sales. GoW1 and GoW2 only did like 3-4 million. Its a well respected series but not ultra popular like Halo, Mario, GTA or GT.

Around the Network
wholikeswood said:
What a moronic thread; GOW3 has almost broken the 2mil barrier despite launching a month ago outside of the holiday season and appealing to the almost-niche "hack and slash" fanbase.

Jesus.

When GT5 sells 10mil, will we get a thread asking this same question? FML...

Yes???

Well, almost 2 million is great, it deserves more.... but is still a good number. And there's plenty of time for it to hit at least 3.5 millions. So no, those are not poor sales. I mean... they are poor compared to other games, but not poor on their own.

Not every game is desinged to hit 5+ Million you know

360 exclusives "sell like very hot cakes"?  The only 360 exclusives that have sold faster than God of War III over a comparable timeframe are Halo 3 and the two Gears games, and even Gears 1 didn't start outperforming God of War until its fourth week, due to the game's excellent legs provided by its holiday release.

The game is doing fine.

if you think GoW3 1.6-1.8mil in 3-4 weeks is poor then ME2 1.6-1.7 mil in 10 WEEKS IS DOWN RIGHT HORRIBLE !!!!!!

end statement

GOW3 seems to have pretty good sales imo

and I'm quite sure it will have nice legs. It will sell at least 4 millions in the end (you know, when there will be only chaos)

Around the Network
Maynard_Tool said:
wholikeswood said:
What a moronic thread; GOW3 has almost broken the 2mil barrier despite launching a month ago outside of the holiday season and appealing to the almost-niche "hack and slash" fanbase.

Jesus.

Yes???

Well, almost 2 million is great, it deserves more.... but is still a good number. And there's plenty of time for it to hit at least 3.5 millions. So no, those are not poor sales. I mean... they are poor compared to other games, but not poor on their own.

Really necessary to say that? We get it, Tool - Wii games like Marios Bros sell the best and everything else is poor in comparison. *yawn*

/otherwise everything you say is right.

As everyone undoubtly already said: GoW3 sales are fantastic, shut up.

wholikeswood said:
Maynard_Tool said:
wholikeswood said:

Jesus.

Yes???

Really necessary to say that? We get it, Tool - Wii games like Marios Bros sell the best and everything else is poor in comparison. *yawn*

/otherwise everything you say is right.

You are so in love with me is creeping me out. Damn, a lot of people said the same and I don't see you quoting them O.o

And I said that because he in the OP compared it to 360 games. So....yeah.

God of War has never been a selling monster franchise like Mario/Halo/Call of Duty

Don't even compare the game to those. It's nearly impossible GoW can reach those insane sales but for the franchise, it might be the best selling title yet (even with a 4 times less install base)

in the end god of war 3 will break 4 million world wide
mgs4 broke 4 million it justt akes time

VITA 32 GIG CARD.250 GIG SLIM & 160 GIG PHAT PS3