By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Next "Wii": Unique and different

So, basically they don´t want "another SNES"....as in, the Wii is often said to be the "NES 2", a return to Nintendo´s roots with their original console, and the SNES was just an upgrade, where Nintendo embraced the 'red ocean' against the Sega Genesis (where the NES was blue ocean, like the Wii).

Around the Network

No surprises here. HD isnt enough for me. That is just a slightly prettier picture.

I trust Ninty.

JGarret said:
So, basically they don´t want "another SNES"....as in, the Wii is often said to be the "NES 2", a return to Nintendo´s roots with their original console, and the SNES was just an upgrade, where Nintendo embraced the 'red ocean' against the Sega Genesis (where the NES was blue ocean, like the Wii).

So will they target the turquoise ocean next?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Well, darth...we´ll see if they can find another blue ocean again, if there´s any left for now...but then again, this time I don´t think they have to...their challenge will be how to get Wii buyers to upgrade to the new system, far easier said than done.

I dont know how it going to looks like but 3DS will give us a good hint.

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Around the Network

thats the way Nintendo... bring out something Original that no one will ever expect

This is what the Mayan's actually meant with 2012, the release of Nintendo's next console will forever change humanity

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

@avinash
of course, how could I have not seen it. It makes perfect sensed in a Mario meets Davinchi code conspiracy type of way.

"But as always, technology refused to be dignity's bitch."--Vance DeGeneres

http://cheezburger.com/danatblair/lolz/View/4772264960