By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii OR HD CONSOLES : which do you find better games on?

HD consoles for me.

Around the Network

PS3, without a doubt. The quality on the console is astounding, and HD consoles over the Wii. Wii just doesn't have enough good games to stand a chance, new controller method or not.

Wii becouse of the diversity, motion controls and unique exclusives.

Lets take genres and compare
Platformer
WII has Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Bros WII
PS3 has Little big Planet
Xbox360 has nothing

Wii win, PS3 second

FPS
WII has nothing of note (metroid?)
PS3 has Resistance 1 and 2 among others
Xbox360 has Halo 3 among others

PS3 Win, Xbox360 second

Classic games
Wii has hundreds (thousands) of titles to choose from and they play exactly like they did
PS3 has .. well, not much
Xbox360 has.. well, not much, but it does have Pac Man CE and a few Pac Man classics and others online.

So Wii wins
Xbox360 second
PS3 nothing

RPG
Xbox360 has many many titles to choose from (too many to list?)
PS3 has.. a few
WII has.. well, nothing.

Adventure
WII has Zelda (Twilight Princess)
PS3 has God of War I II and III
Xbox360 has nothimg i'm aware of.

PS3 wins
Wii Close second

So for me, I can't do without a ps3 or wii, xbox360 is only used for Pac man ce...

PSN ID: TheSimkin

GamerTag: TheSimkin

WII friend Code: 0002 7972 4522 2681

I find more to play on the HD consoles.  They don't necessarily have better games (I consider Mario Galaxy, Gears, and GOW3 all equally enjoyable for different reasons), there are just more games I enjoy on the 360 and PS3. All the great multiplats available on the 360/PS3 provide more than enough entertainment for me before the console exclusives.  Plus I agree that achievements and trophies add to the HD games experience.

Around the Network

HD console games. Just just because of the graphics but the games appeal to me more.

HD consoles.

Really, it's not Nintendo's fault (not completely, at least). 3rd parties practically play leapfrog with each other on the HD consoles, always trying to edge each other out with the greatest games possible. There's too freakin' many good games being thrown at us. The Wii has the potential for far superior experiences, but it's hampered by the fact that third parties don't feel as if they're held to a ridiculous standard on the system.

HD consoles by far...very far.

Wii!

Even though I don't like Mario or Zelda, I still think the Wii has it for pure fun. They have the most games actually worth owning and I never rate highly any game which I can't be bothered owning.

Tease.

While my XBox 360 certainly has more games that I would describe as being far more polished, I find that the games I play on the Wii are far more fun.