By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Devil May Cry 5 to be developed by Ninja Theory (Heavenly Sword)

Yeah, like the title say. The information is from GameInformer via the French videogame site jeuxvideo (http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2010/00041977-devil-may-cry-5-par-les-createurs-d-heavenly-sword.htm).

I personally don't know what to think. It just feels so... wrong. I hate all this outsourcing japanses developers have started with the last couple of years.

So... What do you think?

Around the Network

That's a bit odd. Aren't they already working on another game? They did mention they had another project in the works though, but I thought it'd be a new IP or Heavenly Sword 2.

why cant the original guy that made DMC 1 make DMC 5? DMC 3 was too short but the story was fkn awesome and DMC4 was just no comment:P

After playing DMC 4 and HS I'd say that should do much better for this series.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Who made the other DMC games? I'm not even sure who the developers were, just know that Capcom were the publishers, lol...

I don't know what to say about this, I mean, they've made some average games, nothing spectacular in my opinion, and I don't know what they'd do to the series, they could butcher it, they could also make it a masterpeice again (I think 4 was pretty shoddy to be honest).

Well, I guess as long as the story sticks to Dante and doesn't wander off into some wannabe, it SHOULD be fine, oh and maybe some flashy moves... MAYBE EVEN BLOOD AND LIMB-LOSS?!

But I didn't like how 2 was more about that woman (Forgot her name, didn't care about her really), and 4 was more about Nero, and when you finally got to play as Dante, on 2, you played through near enough the same levels, with a few differences, whereas in 4, you played the exact same levels, in reverse... seriously, what the fuck.

If they can fix the series, kudos to them, if not, then I'm not buying another DMC anymore.

Around the Network
Huya said:
why cant the original guy that made DMC 1 make DMC 5? DMC 3 was too short but the story was fkn awesome and DMC4 was just no comment:P

Because he's now with Platinum Games which is made up of ex-Capcom employees.

This news is... interesting.

Yay maybe DMC will finally have a good story now!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

PLANTIUM GAMES is your answer ... i love them, bayonetta is what DMC was meant to be

Sega For Life - Gaming Died When Sega Died ... Sega <3

The nintendo before - ' wii release ' <3
Sega before ' Software Only ' <3

Anti M$ (Therefore anti 360) - im making it official ... Go play your meaningless FPS Games ...

Some claims this is just a rumour. I sure hope so. I don't want any more outsourcing...

Uhm, on other sites, this is labeled as a rumour?