By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Females Cogs Confirmed - Gears of War 3 Trailer

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/blogs/2010/04/gears-of-war-3-video-game-world-premiere-trailer-ashes-to-ashes/

Around the Network

haha finally

She looks like a hot chick!
I hope is a badass too!

epinefridis said:
She looks like a hot chick!
I hope is a badass too!

great now everones gonna pick her online

Another game that uses female characters, just to have a female character. It is stupid.

Anywho. Gears always has the best commercials. The mad world commercial for the first one, is my favorite video game commercial of all time.

Around the Network

This has been added because its what the fans wanted... Not "just to have a female character".

And it looks like there are now 5 COG's. 5 player co-op?

Sharky54 said:
Another game that uses female characters, just to have a female character. It is stupid.

Anywho. Gears always has the best commercials. The mad world commercial for the first one, is my favorite video game commercial of all time.

There already exists female COGs in the novels and comics, so it would be stupid to not have one in the game.

Sharky54 said:

That they do, the mad world one was just a fricken awesome commercial.

PSN ID: KingFate_

Carl2291 said:
This has been added because its what the fans wanted... Not "just to have a female character".

And it looks like there are now 5 COG's. 5 player co-op?

That is exactly what I mean.

Don't add a character just to make some of the fan base happy. The first two games followed the same 4 guys. Yeah sure there were some people added, but still. This feels like one of those things where they add it just because they can. There will be one female lead. She will be very generic. Probably very girly and likes pink unicorns. Meanwhile she is cutting things up with a chainsaw. This just isn't the kind of game where a female character should be a lead. The men are already all like 6'5 320 pounds. What the hell is a woman going to be doing? I understand there are woman soldiers. But like the LOOK and FEEL of the game is all manly. I guess it is hard for me to describe. If the smallest characters already are built like dinosaurs, where is that going to leave a woman? They WILL make her sexy. Sexy isn't huge steroid induced muscles on a woman. So I just don't think it fits. Call me crazy.

Add women to call of duty or something. But the feel of this just doesn't fit women well. 

@Sharky

She isn't the first female COG

The fans wanted it. There are already Women COG's created. Why NOT have a female as a new playable character?