By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Super Mario Galaxy 2 ACTUALLY be hard?

Nintendo isn't showing us the really hard parts yet.

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network

i think that limiting the number of lifes you can get would really make the game seem harder.

i mean, most of us died hundreds of times in the original, but 1-ups were a dime a dozen, and we never saw the game over screen.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

vonboysp said:
i think that limiting the number of lifes you can get would really make the game seem harder.

i mean, most of us died hundreds of times in the original, but 1-ups were a dime a dozen, and we never saw the game over screen.

Yeah... what does it even look like?

And about this discussion of who's an old gamer and if difficult games = fun is really a thing of the past... I say whatever. Wait and you'll see. I still believe Nintendo are training a new generation of gamers, and after a certain time, they'll gradually make their games harder and harder so the new generation gets better and better. Then, Nintendo will create some brainwash program in their next console and will control all the new gamers to attack the United States or something. True prediction.

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

I actually thought some of the post game stars in SMG1 had some good challenge.

pfft... I'll probably beat in in like 5 hours...

Been away for a bit, but sneaking back in.

Gaming on: PS4, PC, 3DS. Got a Switch! Mainly to play Smash

Around the Network

MOST games are easier these days...the reason they used to be harder was to make them seem longer than they actually were...and the kids had longer attention spans back then!

That era's gone daddy gone!

(having said that, in answer to the actual question, as long as it's a bit harder than the first game I'll be happy. I have faith that it will be...I think nintendo are trying to address some of their critisisms of late and prove that they are still cataring to their 'hardcore' fans and this is one of the games they will use to prove it!

Don't care anyway cos I'm a dumbass, so the easier the better!!!)

mysticwolf said:
pfft... I'll probably beat in in like 5 hours...

5 hours! It took me about 100 hours to clear the game (with Luigi)...

Maybe I was wandering too much to look at the landscape...

No one should want the game to be hard apart for selfish reasons. I think we all want Galaxy 2 to get huge sales. But that is never going to happen if it is as hard as many of you want it to be. It should be easy enough for even the most average gamer to complete including my wife, soccer mums and all. However, it is getting all stars that should be difficult. That should be the part reserved for the hard core gamer. The game should be inclusive not exclusive.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

didn't they create the in game guide exactly to make their games a bit harder?

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

I hope so...the too-easy game difficult was the achille's heel of Galaxy1