By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Super Mario Galaxy 2 ACTUALLY be hard?

TheGameFather said:

Count me all the way out of the "galaxy was too easy" crowd...

I ran through it, it was awesome, I wouldn't have it any other way.  

Challenge = fun, is an outdated gaming principle.

Not really, a game can be fun without difficulty.

A game can be challenging and total shit.

However, a game being too easy removes some of the fun. Having that extra challenge in a game makes it that much better.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network

I really couldn't care less if it's 'challenging', so long as it's enjoyable. A game doesn't have to have Ninja Gaiden / Castlevania artificial difficulty just to be fun and entertaining.

Galaxy was still an enjoyable game to play, even if it didn't make you want to throw your controller at the wall in frustration.

Well, i really hope so. Any way, i know the game will be one of the best this gen, and ill buy it :)

MY ZELDA COLLECTION
d21lewis said:
I hope it's easy to beat but hard to get 100%. Kids play Mario games, not just us old-school Mario fans. I don't want my kid getting frustrated because some 30-something gamer wants his game about princesses and dinosaurs to be soul-crushing.

LOL

And agreed.

To Each Man, Responsibility

The problem is.... some people are expecting "hard" to be "megaman hard" -_-

Around the Network

I'm sure it'll be more challenging than the original, but nothing extreme-o mega hardc0re crazy hard.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Yeah, lifes are pretty much irrelevant since SMB3. Getting coins and 1-UPs actually felt important before that.

d21lewis said:
I hope it's easy to beat but hard to get 100%. Kids play Mario games, not just us old-school Mario fans. I don't want my kid getting frustrated because some 30-something gamer wants his game about princesses and dinosaurs to be soul-crushing.

haha,

old gamers need a bit of pain and suffering,lol

Above & Beyond

Does the game have to be harder...? Mario Galaxy had arguably one of the most balanced difficulties for a game out there. They should try to do a similar thing for the sequel.

Six upcoming games you should look into:

TheGameFather said:

Count me all the way out of the "galaxy was too easy" crowd...

I ran through it, it was awesome, I wouldn't have it any other way.  

Difficult = fun, is an outdated gaming principle.

I agree

I don't want to get frustrated because I am not the best gamer in thy world