By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Has Kojima Ruined Metal Gear Solid?

contestgamer said:
Khuutra said:

MGS2 was Kojima giving the bird to gamers. This has been documented!

Yes and he should have done that since then...but he hasn't. He's scared now and just a puppet of gamers demands. No longer an artist with statements.

No I mean that he made MGS2 specifically to spite people who wanted Metal Gear Solid 2, since what he wanted was to make Metal Gear 4. He didn't write it to be deep, he wrote it to be subversive, confusing, and unsettling.

Around the Network

I haven't like a single game in the series since the first, so yes, he has ruined it.

Why are people just now complaining about ads in MGS? MGS4, hailed as greatest game ever by many, had Apple, Sony, and several other advertisements spread throughout the game. This is nothing new to MGS, and I'm sure it helped with development costs.

I was wondering if Kojima didnt ruin MGS with MGS4 itself ...

Time to Work !

Axe body spray? In the 70's?

Around the Network

I dont mind What So Ever, So long As its Small, And it does not Effect the Gameplay or Story.

Atto Suggests...:

Book - Malazan Book of the Fallen series 

Game - Metro Last Light

TV - Deadwood

Music - Forest Swords 

i too think this is okay because Kojima always did this and i always like the quirkiness.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

MGS was waaaay over the top IMO from the first iteration. So, no I doubt that this will ruin the franchise

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

SmoothCriminal said:
I haven't like a single game in the series since the first, so yes, he has ruined it.

hunter_alien put it in a better way.

OT: As long as the MH addition can be avoided altogether, I could care less. So, in one playthrough, I'll play it as an MGS game, while in the other, where I begin to experiment and mess around, I'll do those quests.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

it makes sense in mgs, i don't know why but all the product placement just feels right in a strange game series like this

no idea how to make this properly work