By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Has Kojima Ruined Metal Gear Solid?

Kojima MADE MGS. It's a unique game and I consider those advertisements as easter eggs - they're just bonus, and if they can profit by adding some random shirt or an ocasional bag of doritos to the game, then I say go ahead.

Around the Network

Listen to Khuutra. He is wise beyond his years

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

These new features will not affect the actual main game play so I wouldn't care what Kojima does cause regardless he always deliver. Im actually more excited to play the game now after the announcement of the new features.

And besides, if anybody can pull this off, its Kojima.

See, this is the reason why I've decided not to buy the game, my hype has dropped tremendously, and I think this really is a move in the wrong direction. I mean, I know Phantasy Star Portable/Portable 2 have adveritsements like this ingame, but to be honest, that actually suits the game, whereas MGS which is meant to be an immersive action game with a compelling storyline, these things just don't fit in and look so out of place...

I'm more concerned about snake's health, smoking and eating giant time traveling bags of Doritos can't be good for one's health Seriously, not only did Doritos packaging look substantially different than that in 1974 the bag is larger than snake's entire upper body, I don't care how much tactical action he gets into, he doesn't need 10 pounds of corn chips... Plus all of those orange crumbs would completely ruin his camouflage

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network
Mirson said:
He ruined it with MGS4.

This. Perfect summary of the situation.

The whole MGS feeling for me was ruined in MGS4. My favourite and most important (imo) part of the MGS games has always been the "Infiltrate a "small" location that feels big" atmosphere. Kinda like GOW and ICO do as well. This was not present at all in MGS4.

Wow, this article is just not good at all.

So what if there's product placement. It doesn't hurt the gaming experience.
To say that Kojima ruined his game by adding things that would increase it's outside the box style, is pushing it.