By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Pachter's explanation on where your 60 dollars goes

restored_lost said:
12 dollare to the retailer isnt as bad as 12 dollars just to the console manufacturer. as a retailer you have to stock and display, actually SELL the game to the consumer, for some games its easy, others its not. Where as the manufacturer just collects its 12 dollars.

Not to mention they get like zero money on the consoles.

Around the Network

This makes me wonder: WHY didn't Heavenly Sword break even then?

I_Love_Cheese said:

Heavenly Sword was started before they had a publisher.  If you don't have a publisher you have to foot the bill.  When you get the publisher you get paid some money upfront and some based on sales... or just all upfront if they're sure it's going to sell.  My guess?  Heavenly Sword was having trouble finding a publisher, they'd been working on it since the Ps2 and Sony offered them some money upfront and then a very low percentage of sales.   They knew they wouldn't break even unless it was a gigantor hit, but had little choice and with sony... hey maybe they get some huge recognition for the game and the next one they can make a bunch of money on.  As it was, Sony took the ball and went home.  They must not of been too happy.

I_Love_Cheese said:

Heavenly Sword was started before they had a publisher.  If you don't have a publisher you have to foot the bill.  When you get the publisher you get paid some money upfront and some based on sales... or just all upfront if they're sure it's going to sell.  My guess?  Heavenly Sword was having trouble finding a publisher, they'd been working on it since the Ps2 and Sony offered them some money upfront and then a very low percentage of sales.   They knew they wouldn't break even unless it was a gigantor hit, but had little choice and with sony... hey maybe they get some huge recognition for the game and the next one they can make a bunch of money on.  As it was, Sony took the ball and went home.  They must not of been too happy.