By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: FF XIV not releasing this year

if it doesnt release this year, and instead releases early 2011. i think will be because they want to release it on the 360 at the same time.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

Around the Network

i hope for a 2010 release date...i think SE also want to release one big FF/KH title every year for PS3...

2009:FF XIII
2010:FF XIV
2011:FF VS XIII
2012:(KH3? or other KH for consoles?)
2013:(FF VII Remake/FF XV?)

I wouldn't be surprised, to be completely honest. SE have been terrible at hitting their release windows.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

Now to see if the delay is *caused* by the porting of the game to 360.

naa it wont come to 360 , microsoft trashed all the other potential good ones , i really think MS doesnt want any current mmos on the platform.

marvel universe trashed

huxley most likely trashed

champions online trashed

conan trashed

apb trashed

secret world again most likely wont hit 360 unless its a free to play mmo

sony on the other hand has shown off tons of mmos that are definitely hitting the ps3 this year and next , its very unknown to why the 360 keeps scrapping mmos , lots of speculation but no hard truths

MMOs yawn.

Around the Network

I'll buy it when it's released, I don't care when, I have plenty of games to play and so little time. :/

flowjo said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:

Now to see if the delay is *caused* by the porting of the game to 360.

naa it wont come to 360 , microsoft trashed all the other potential good ones , i really think MS doesnt want any current mmos on the platform.

marvel universe trashed

huxley most likely trashed

champions online trashed

conan trashed

apb trashed

secret world again most likely wont hit 360 unless its a free to play mmo

sony on the other hand has shown off tons of mmos that are definitely hitting the ps3 this year and next , its very unknown to why the 360 keeps scrapping mmos , lots of speculation but no hard truths

On the other, 360 does have FF XI. So I'm sure MS will get FF XIV too.

Also, for example Conan turned to be huge flop on PC (great start but then over 90% just left the game because it was crap). So they dropped 360 port beause they had no money. Also porting to 360 would have been very difficult and costly because Conan is 35 gig game requiring latest hardware on PC.