By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Rumor: FF XIV not releasing this year

hunter_alien said:
I wouldent be surprised. Still, it doesnt matter. XIV will be overhyped, and it will underperform like all console MMOs. People are expecting way to much from it Hell, I bet that it will vene underdeliver and it wont be the all amazing console MMO like many of us are expecting

XIV Will NOT be overhyped at all, if anything it will be underhyped.

I really hope this is the MMO that strikes gold on consoles

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I wonder why these companies keep lying about release dates.

Take my love, take my land..

Reception from the Alpha so far is extremely positive. So I don't understand how it's going to suck.

but the Beta will release this year, not the game, thats what Peter Dille said remember?

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

@wagram

we are going through the rinse & repeat process of people spelling the doom for yet another Fantasy Epic.

Every time they are proven wrong.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

dammit!!! i need an mmo NOW!!! and i really want ff14 to be it

I don't think anyone will be surprised if it comes to pass. This is Square Enix we're talking about, after all.

Could he only be talking about the PS3 version? FFXI released on different dates for PC and PS2 I believe.

It is a breach of contract for him on both Sony and SE sides. Besides its already in the Alpha beta, which ends around mayish. Which then moves into more development then into the regular beta up until around November with a December release. Sounds perfect unless they have something huge they are changing.

Now to see if the delay is *caused* by the porting of the game to 360.