By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Dynasty Warriors

Just wondering if anyone can help me, I'm looking to try out the dynasty warriors series - but which game should I start out with? (current gen systems) I hear it's horribly repetative and basically each game is the same as the last, but since I've never played a DW game that shouldn't bother me too much. 

Or would you say Dynasty Warriors is a series worth passing up all together? 

Around the Network

All Dynasty Warriors games are extremely similar, I'd find a cheap one, it's good entertainment for a dozen hours or so.

They are pretty decent IMO. You should try any Warriors game actually. But remember the Strikeforce ones arent real Warriors games in the old sense of the word I liked the first Samurai Warriors game a lot, and I played it a good couple of hours Its mindless, but its fun

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

They're all good!

They're really damn good games. I don't care for 6 to much because it REALLY dumbed down the battle system but it does look really nice and it's still fun.

I usually buy them when they go on sale. They're just some mind numbing fun.

CURRENTLY PLAYING:  Warframe, Witcher 2

Around the Network

I find Dynasty Warriors pretty damn fun. I did not mind the repetitiveness as I was young. I got the 6th installment for free, but it's not as good as the old ones.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 > Modern Warfare 2

badgenome said:
They're all good!

That and also go with Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires, spend so much time playing that game to the death.

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."

they're all fun if you have someone to play with , otherwise forget it , you will get bored of it after the formula wears off.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

i would recommend Bladestorm - probably the best Koei game this gen and one of the best hack & slash from Koei you should pick it up for 10-15$.
Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce is great too - great mix of strategy and hack & slash.
if you have psp pick up Warriors Orochi 2.

i wouldn't bother with anything else from Warriors series this gen(maybe except Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2 but only if you're a fan of the Gundam franchise).

bladestorm is a good idea, but it's very repetitive... you don't even button mash in it... (you basically lead various troups of 20 solders so unlike DW you're not a 1 man army). It's good to play on and off.

If you get a DW, get one where you play on a whole battlefild... I had a PSP SW where you moved on a map and had little battlefileds... that removes all the 1vs 1000 scope of the game that makes it so cool. Haven't tried empires versions but it's supposed to be better.

Also... if Hokuto comes out soon in your country... that might be worth a buy =)

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO