By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - It's On: Apple Calls Out Sony and Nintendo Directly

How silly.

Quality >>>>> Quantity

the iphone may be better than the PSP but it can only have dreams about being in the same world as the DS, let alone compete with it!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
Pyro as Bill said:
Apple has already beat Sony.

If Apple thinks they can play the same game with Nintendo they might just find themselves losing a huge chunk o'money.

Apple is ripe for a whooping and Nintendo is looking like they'll be the one to deliver it.

We know Nintendo will deliver a 3D slap to Sony but it's Apple who should be concerned about what Nintendo haven't announced yet.

People aren't going to stop being crazy about smart phones no matter what Nintendo announces...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Pyro as Bill said:
Apple has already beat Sony.

If Apple thinks they can play the same game with Nintendo they might just find themselves losing a huge chunk o'money.

Apple is ripe for a whooping and Nintendo is looking like they'll be the one to deliver it.

We know Nintendo will deliver a 3D slap to Sony but it's Apple who should be concerned about what Nintendo haven't announced yet.

why should apple be concerned when there itouch/iphone sales have topped 85 million in less than 3 years.. despite there VERY high price points.

mM
darthdevidem01 said:
How silly.

Quality >>>>> Quantity

the iphone may be better than the PSP but it can only have dreams about being in the same world as the DS, let alone compete with it!!

PSP hater alert.. just because you didn't buy any PSP games, doesn't mean it doesn't have good games..

mM

hunter_alien said:
OMG... this is one of the worse articles I had ever read in my life. The author ommits soooo many things here that its just scary.

Well, it seems that the Apple Brainwashing Solution ( oooo ABS, I should trademark this one, fast ) worked on yet another person

PS: yeah, I know that my post is not funny, but give me a break, Im tired

This would be similar to saying that my computer is comparable to my calculator. Sure my desktop can have a calculator and graphing program on it but it's never going to be as handy or convenient as having my calculator when I need to do some calculations. 
Plus no buttons makes gaming on the iPhone/iPod Touch very inadequate... for me at least. Trying to control what's going on on the screen while covering parts of it up with your fingers is a rather poor idea for game control.

P.S. I found it funny... There must be something wrong with me.

P.P.S. Am I a total geek for talking about my calculator? I'm in the middle of finals so this forum is all that's keeping me sane.

Around the Network
priteshmodi said:

hunter_alien said:
OMG... this is one of the worse articles I had ever read in my life. The author ommits soooo many things here that its just scary.

Well, it seems that the Apple Brainwashing Solution ( oooo ABS, I should trademark this one, fast ) worked on yet another person

PS: yeah, I know that my post is not funny, but give me a break, Im tired

This would be similar to saying that my computer is comparable to my calculator. Sure my desktop can have a calculator and graphing program on it but it's never going to be as handy or convenient as having my calculator when I need to do some calculations. 
Plus no buttons makes gaming on the iPhone/iPod Touch very inadequate... for me at least. Trying to control what's going on on the screen while covering parts of it up with your fingers is a rather poor idea for game control.

P.S. I found it funny... There must be something wrong with me.

P.P.S. Am I a total geek for talking about my calculator? I'm in the middle of finals so this forum is all that's keeping me sane.

Who needs a calculator when there is an app for that?

Anyone can guess. It takes no effort to throw out lots of predictions and have some of them be correct. You are not and wiser or better for having your guesses be right. Even a blind man can hit the bullseye.

@priteshmodi

iphone = portable, so your logic of convinience doesnt make sense.

leo-j said:
darthdevidem01 said:
How silly.

Quality >>>>> Quantity

PSP hater alert.. just because you didn't buy any PSP games, doesn't mean it doesn't have good games..

Opinion hater alert.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

ImJustBayuum said:
@priteshmodi

iphone = portable, so your logic of convinience doesnt make sense.

That's not the point I was trying to get across. I'm saying that just like the iPhone is capable of playing games, a computer is capable of doing calculations. But a calculator is better suited (in the example provided the reason for it being better suited is convenience) to perform such a task much like dedicated handheld gaming devices backed by major publishers with development kits centered around game creation is better suited for gaming than an iPhone which has a single (fairly extensive) devkit utilized for any app created on the platform, no buttons, and not many heavy hitting games.

I'm not saying gaming is impossible on the iPhone. I'm sure there are a lot of addictive smaller casual games on it that I'd enjoy myself (Homerun 3D was one I got pretty addicted to) but it simply cannot substitute a dedicated handheld gaming device for someone like me and many other gamers accustomed to fully-fledged, highly polished titles.

They forgot to mention that 50,650 of their games suck.