By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who will dominate the next gen?

If PS3 cost $300 at launch it would be slightly more powerful than Wii. It would be almost like a Wii but without motion controls now it would be worse than the real PS3.

Around the Network

I think Nintendo will probably dominate, the Wii will probably sell well into the next generation.

Nintendo. Its obvious that they have the momentum to take control of the next generation pretty quickly they play their cards right.

Tease.

PS3 at 300$ in 2006? Lol are you guys on drugs or something? I know it's hypothetical, but still, it costed 600$ at launch and it had the CHEAPEST Blu-Ray player on the market.

I honestly don't think Microsoft can win a generation, at least in the foreseeable future, they don't have the first party or worldwide appeal i.e. all markets. They have done very well this generation and could do even better next gen but not well enough to dominate.

I think Nintendo will. History seems to suggest that once a console wins a generation they carry that momentum into the next generation. Third parties are aware of this so I expect Nintendo's third party support to be much better next gen. Good third party support, Nintendo first party games and solid hardware is a combination that will be hard to beat.

Having said that I honestly think next gen could be a very closely run race but if anyone is to dominate, I feel it's most likely to be Nintendo.

Around the Network

I dont think Nintendo will have enough money to be first next gen, reason why? Economy will go back up, Sony will not be broke anymore. I say Sony will take it next gen.

@Hsrob, DID U JUST SAY NINTEOD WILL GET 3RD PARTY SUPPORT? LMFOAOAOAOAOAAO

Huge library of quality titles.. pfft, everybody knows that isn't why the PS2 dominated. It was the Toy Story quality graphics and Emotion Engine.

Taking backwards compatibility out of the PS3 (and the Emotion Engine with it) is what has doomed the PS3.

As far as who will dominate the next generation of consoles, my money is on Samsung.

rafichamp said:

I know, this guy is some kind of jokester. Nintendo has never gotten major 3rd party support in the history of video game consoles and it is absurd to think they ever will.

Mr.Y said:
rafichamp said:

I know, this guy is some kind of jokester. Nintendo has never gotten major 3rd party support in the history of video game consoles and it is absurd to think they ever will.

Yeah, if lucky, Nintendo will get at best Fourth Party support - The scum of videogames!

Nintendo and 3rd parties... pftt, never happened and never will happen!