By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - HOME demonstration

Honestly this looks like the biggest waste of time ever, but at the same time i think it might be a hit with ps3 fans.  I can just imagine all the obsessed fools out there spending all their money on their apartments.  The kind of conversations that go on inside these kind of cyber places are pathetically bad too. 

I really hate games like asherons call or world of warcraft, i've seen too many people waste away their lives to make 1 character on a video game. 

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

Around the Network
johnsobas said:

Honestly this looks like the biggest waste of time ever, but at the same time i think it might be a hit with ps3 fans. I can just imagine all the obsessed fools out there spending all their money on their apartments. The kind of conversations that go on inside these kind of cyber places are pathetically bad too.

Only fool around right now is you. Home is a software for masses. It's like combination of The sims and Second life. I'm totally astonished that you and guys like shams have no balls to admit this is a real deal for you. This is kind of software you should worship. It's like Wii stuff. It's not for me. It's for you. Biggest waste of time? It's a communicator you know. Maybe rather go and feed your puppy...

no it's not for me, you don't know me.  I don't play Nintendogs, or any other game like that.  I did say that i thought it would be a hit, i'm pretty sure about that.  However, i like to play real video games and hate to see people waste their time doing things like playing virtual pool.  Don't act like you're gonna be having intelligent conversation with people you don't know in there. 

johnsobas said:
Don't act like you're gonna be having intelligent conversation with people you don't know in there.

Why not? Yeah... I forgot. Only fools own PS3. 

Personally, I can see a lot of this being pointless...playing bowling and pool looks boring, and looking at a virtual screen of a movie trailer seems redundant.

There could be some fun had in it though, and I'm sure plenty of it is useful...not sure if it's hitting it home with me yet though...

I'm much more interested in games than sitting around...maybe on a PC this would be different, but for console gaming, this doesn't seem really necessary for me.

Hey I made a pun back there!

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

no, try going into any chat room on the internet.  Intelligent conversation is few and far between.  Try playing Halo 2 on Xbox and you'll realize how people are when they are online.  All people do is scream F*** and say NOOB the entire time.  Try logging on for a game of Warcraft III and see how people are.  It is not that these people are even like that in real life, but virtual conversation is very shallow.  I didn't mean anything about PS3 users, it is just the whole idea of a virtual life.

johnsobas said:
no, try going into any chat room on the internet. Intelligent conversation is few and far between. Try playing Halo 2 on Xbox and you'll realize how people are when they are online. All people do is scream F*** and say NOOB the entire time. Try logging on for a game of Warcraft III and see how people are. It is not that these people are even like that in real life, but virtual conversation is very shallow. I didn't mean anything about PS3 users, it is just the whole idea of a virtual life.

he's got a point...I mean I play Guild Wars, and I've seen plenty of WoW. Fun games, but when you're just sitting around in a city or whatever, time is spent by (a ) running in circles, (b ) dancing, (c ) dancing in your underwear.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
johnsobas said:
no, try going into any chat room on the internet. Intelligent conversation is few and far between. Try playing Halo 2 on Xbox and you'll realize how people are when they are online. All people do is scream F*** and say NOOB the entire time. Try logging on for a game of Warcraft III and see how people are. It is not that these people are even like that in real life, but virtual conversation is very shallow. I didn't mean anything about PS3 users, it is just the whole idea of a virtual life.

he's got a point...I mean I play Guild Wars, and I've seen plenty of WoW. Fun games, but when you're just sitting around in a city or whatever, time is spent by (a ) running in circles, (b ) dancing, (c ) dancing in your underwear.

I have to agree with them about the online, WoW and Halo 2 online are the worst ones to me, the only online game I've ever been happy with is City of Heroes where i have never seen someone get called a n00b!

kber81 said:
johnsobas said:

Honestly this looks like the biggest waste of time ever, but at the same time i think it might be a hit with ps3 fans. I can just imagine all the obsessed fools out there spending all their money on their apartments. The kind of conversations that go on inside these kind of cyber places are pathetically bad too.

Only fool around right now is you. Home is a software for masses. It's like combination of The sims and Second life. I'm totally astonished that you and guys like shams have no balls to admit this is a real deal for you. This is kind of software you should worship. It's like Wii stuff. It's not for me. It's for you. Biggest waste of time? It's a communicator you know. Maybe rather go and feed your puppy...

Why be so harsh on him beacuse of his oppinion?

Sorry but I am in the exact same boat.  HOME seems pretty cool, but I doubt that I would use it much, if at all unless I HAD to to experience online games on the PS3.  I hate wasting time in a 'un-real' world, I got hooked on World of Warcraft and honestly I never want to do that again, I have other things in my life that I would rather do that sit in the virtual 'home' world.  I wont worship it, and i do have the balls to admit that this is not the real deal for me, it simply does not appeal to me personally.

Arguing personal opinion is just stupid, it's like asking someone why they don't like a particular colour or they don't like a particular food, it's just not in their taste.

And to be honest with you kber81 YOU are the one that sounds like a fanboy to me, how was johnsobas inferring that PS3 is for dummies AT ALL? I think you got a lil bit to defensive of your favourite machine.  Typical actions of a fanboy.

@ OriGin

Yes, arguing personal opinion is stupid but I think you should read these few posts (mine and johnsobas) once again if you want to call somebody a fanboy... Or maybe you are a bit more lenient for someone with opinions similar to you. Anyway, read these posts once again.