By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony says sorry for other os take down

dsister44 said:
Huya said:
The removal of this is not the end of the world and I really doubt people decided to buy a PS3 over an xbox just for the OtherOS function:P

I still paid for the ability to use the feature. I didn't appreciate how one month they said they were keeping it and the next it was gone. 

Yeah suuuuureeee!

Around the Network
Huya said:
The removal of this is not the end of the world and I really doubt people decided to buy a PS3 over an xbox just for the OtherOS function:P

I was going to build a small factor PC to use as a blu-ray media center / emulator station connected to my living room TV. The Linux installation option was a big factor in my going with the PS3 instead.

Yes, we're a small minority, but each of us paid as good money as every other user.

"All you need in life is ignorance and confidence; then success is sure." - Mark Twain

"..." - Gordon Freeman

I never wanted an apology. THANK YOU SONY FOR TAKING AWAY SOME OF THE CLUTTER ON THE XMB!!!!!

yo_john117 said:

Why did they remove it in the first place?

Some dude figured out how to hack ps3s using the OS function and Sony removed as an attempt to prevent mass piracy and so on.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

Once again people post ignorantly completely missing the point of why this was such a bad thing to happen. If you don't care about this issue thats fine but stop downplaying this issue for those who do care. The people running damage control are causing this issue to go on and on because of their poor attitude.

Around the Network

Phat PS3 owners, run for your amazon refund!

"We have also spoken to the Office of Fair Trading and Consumer Direct who tell us they cannot comment until an official complaint has been made"

Bamboleo said:
Phat PS3 owners, run for your amazon refund!

I bought my PS3 at Circuit City, I'm screwed out of my refund. 

Well, idk if it'd even be honored here in the States.

Currently playing: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, NBA2k11, Metal Gear Solid, Picross 3d

Seece said:

"We have also spoken to the Office of Fair Trading and Consumer Direct who tell us they cannot comment until an official complaint has been made"

You would have thought with the turmoil this has created on the internet there would have already been an official complaint. 

It always surprises me how the internet=/=world.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?