By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony says sorry for other os take down

sjhillsa said:
dsister44 said:
sjhillsa said:

Yes you do need PSN for single player, try playing VC without the v1.20 patch?  Folklore v1.01 Patch.. Just Cause 2 needed a v1.01 patch when it was released.  My main complaint is VC, as without the patch the game is not as fun to play.  The patch cleared up some important issues with VC.

Then again,  I support Sony on this particular issue.  Microsoft and Nintendo would react in the same way if they knew piracy could be prevented.  Well done to the pirate, who through bragging lost a feature for the PS3.

No. You do not need the patches to play. I'm talking firmware updates. Patches are not necessary to play the game(except for Borderland)

Only firmware updates then I agree, you can 'play' all your games - some may have freezing problems though?  I know Uncharted 1 was freezing upon one firmware update, 3.00? 3.01 fixed it as far as I am aware.  But...without patches games aren't as good.  Look at Batman or..Motorstorm Pacfic Rift they enhanced the game by giving away free challenge maps(Batman) and skins(Pacific Rift).  If you don't have the internet, your stuffed.  And if you do have the internet, then you are missing out on content, and particularly patches without a firmware update.  Most firmware updates are mandatory, which I disagree with.  Sometimes it feels that I am always updating the firmware... Sony I just want to play my games and grab patches and checkout the PSN store.  Next will be the 3D firmware update..  Anyway, I am ranting..

@jneul - VC is definitely an important patch. Grab it when you can ;)

lol I am guilty of being a trophy whore, so I did not get very far on VC, which is probably why I have not experienced many problems on VC, thanks for the heads up.

also I missed out on the updates that was meant to fix uncharted 1, but I never experienced any issues on my ps3, it was weird how only certain people was affected, I have completed uncharted 1 at least three times now, no problems, but I need to test it on my new ps3 slim , lol

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Around the Network

Sony should have done one of two things. Either, don't even have other OS support in the first place.. OR, have the support and LEAVE it. Don't just have it then snatch it away. Shows a lack of care for their fans IMO, and is being what is called an Indian giver.

Huya said:
O_o why can't ppl just chill about this?~~

This. I don't know anyone who has actually used other OS.

Seece said:
Vetteman94 said:
Seece said:

"We have also spoken to the Office of Fair Trading and Consumer Direct who tell us they cannot comment until an official complaint has been made"

You would have thought with the turmoil this has created on the internet there would have already been an official complaint. 

I work in that sector, I might log a complaint monday morning

I think you should,  it would be interesting to see how far it went.  While I may support Sony on this, I would be one of the first in line if Sony was forced to give money back.  I just dont see that happening. 

Sony should totally refund me a 100$ then like Amazon did, even though I didn't use it It was mine. Seriously I want 100$....

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
Around the Network

Furthermore our terms and conditions clearly state that we have the right to revise the PS3's settings and features in order to prevent access to unauthorised or pirated content. its final.
Edit: I would like to take the time to thank Sony right now, you are doing the right thing by us all, I am one of the many that can see this, and congratulations for apologising to those who are upset, now I can move on lol, I don't care about other os personally as I have a ps3 slim.
thanks for the post jneul!!

great now people are going to claim $100 just for the fun of it, way to jump on the bandwagon, I really hope Sony sue George Hotz and he get's the bill for tall of this, honestly it is the least he deserves, after his delusional thoughts on how nothing bad would come from his lame move

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Indian giver? Indian giver does not apply in a bussines ware hackers exist. nomatter wht anybody says. hacking is illegal and sony has the right to protect there soft ware. and futuremore other os belongs to sony. they didn't haft to have the option installed. 

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
Indian giver? Indian giver does not apply in a bussines ware hackers exist. nomatter wht anybody says. hacking is illegal and sony has the right to protect there soft ware.

Ignore him just look at his silly poke at sony, on the playstation blog, it's the equivelent of me saying how much natal is like the ps eye and how MS are copying Sony

PS VITA = LIFE

jneul said:
great now people are going to claim $100 just for the fun of it, way to jump on the bandwagon, I really hope Sony sue George Hotz and he get's the bill for tall of this, honestly it is the least he deserves, after his delusional thoughts on how nothing bad would come from his lame move

George Hotz made the executive decision to no longer support OtherOS? That's news to me...

Seriously though, Sony could have put the effort into maintaining the feature against hacking but they just planned not to go any further with it.

Do you think the owner of a house has any chance of suing a burglar if they left their front door wide open?