By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does Epic keep Gears of War a Xbox 360 exclusive?

Chris Hu said:
waron said:
lol to people who think that Gears of War games will be ever released on other consoles.
IP is owned by Epic but MS is a publisher of Gears of War series keeping part of the rights to this IP just like it is with Mass Effect.

What he said I think you can also put Halo and PGR in the same category.

N-I-N-J-A G-A-I-D-E-N 2 published by MS now available on ps3.....

Around the Network
Ping_ii said:
Chris Hu said:
waron said:
lol to people who think that Gears of War games will be ever released on other consoles.
IP is owned by Epic but MS is a publisher of Gears of War series keeping part of the rights to this IP just like it is with Mass Effect.

Its Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 not exactly the same game.  Also Ninja Gaiden goes back to the NES and the arcades and never was a MS exclusive.

Chris Hu said:
Ping_ii said:
Chris Hu said:
waron said:

Its Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 not exactly the same game.  Also Ninja Gaiden goes back to the NES and the arcades and never was a MS exclusive.

Thats not what you and waron are saying tho, you said that x franchise is published by MS so it wont go Multiplat so there I proved it wrong...

Ping_ii said:
Chris Hu said:
Ping_ii said:
Chris Hu said:
waron said:

Thats not what you and waron are saying tho, you said that x franchise is published by MS so it wont go Multiplat so there I proved it wrong...

You didn't prove anything wrong really I say it again Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is not the same game as Ninja Gaiden 2 on the 360.  Also the Ninja Gaiden franchise existed long before MS entered the gaming industry.  GoW, Halo and PGR wouldn't exist withouth the original X-box and the 360.

Chris Hu said:
Ping_ii said:
Chris Hu said:
Ping_ii said:
Chris Hu said:
waron said:

You didn't prove anything wrong really I say it again Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 is not the same game as Ninja Gaiden 2 on the 360.  Also the Ninja Gaiden franchise existed long before MS entered the gaming industry.  GoW, Halo and PGR wouldn't exist withouth the original X-box and the 360.

So there u go then they could just easily make Mass effect sigma or somthing....

Around the Network

So why is it surprising that Xbox games stay exclusive but there's no talk of why God of War 3 can't go to 360 either. Anyways, both are "GoW" :)

Currently loving my Wii x2, Xbox 360 Pro & Xbox 360 Arcade, and Final Fantasy 7 Advent Children Limited "Cloud Black" 160GB PS3

GAMEFLY & GOOZEX FTW

Ping_ii said:
Chris Hu said:
Ping_ii said:
Chris Hu said:
Ping_ii said:
Chris Hu said:
waron said:

So there u go then they could just easily make Mass effect sigma or somthing....

I highly doubt that since MS signed a deal with Bioware to keep Mass Effect exculsive to the 360 when it comes to consoles before they got bought by EA and I highly doubt that EA wants to get sued by MS.  Ninja Gainden on the other hand was never exclusive to MS the IP always belonged to Tecmo.

1. Gears 1 and 2 are on 360, and have sold VERY well on 360.

2. The Gears fanbase, is primarily on the 360.

3. Epic and Microsoft have a good business relationship with MS willing to publish the game.

kowenicki said:
you can say the same about an 3rd party exclusive...

but most dont sell as well as Gears does.

MS needs to buy the Gears franchise and Epic games NOW!

If Gears goes multiplatform then its game over for 360.

Delusional said:
So why is it surprising that Xbox games stay exclusive but there's no talk of why God of War 3 can't go to 360 either. Anyways, both are "GoW" :)

Santa Monica Studio the developer of the God of War games is owned by Sony and even if they where to become independend of Sony the IP is still owned by Sony.