By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Final Fantasy 13 players: Who is your "go to" team?

alekth said:
mitsuhide said:
alekth said:
Like many, Lightning/Fang/Hope.

I'm kind of sorry for Snow, I like him more than Fang but her strength is just too much to miss on... I actually find her to have too few weak roles compared to the others.

Fang is a terrible Medic but apart from that she is actually quite useful, she knows most of the 'ra spells for Synergist and Haste which is the one you want and the only downside to her Saboteur is the lack of Poison/ga everything else she is very good at, especially Commando due to strength and Highwind which is amazing.

Yeah, she's too good :/ Which is bad for me since I don't like her all that much. Since I haven't mastered everyone's roles though, I do switch to Snow and Vanille for defensive battles (Hope's a good medic but his HP is sometimes too low to live through, and for the time being I've specialized Vanille to medic).

I'm not very fond of Sazh so far, but I haven't started upgrading his stuff (items-wise) yet. He still seemed weaker than the rest earlier though... apart from the buffs.

At chapter 9's boss I wanted to have him in for the buffs but in the end (for 5 stars) I just ended up using shrouds and going for the usual members (well, at the time it was more like the most recent members, but I kept the setup later as well).

i have never used Sazh apart from when you had to even though he was fairly decent same for Snow apart from i used to use Snow if i need a 2nd SEN but i have 3 SEN in my main party and he doesn't get used anymore, Vanille i only use if im doing the death trick which i dont need anymore either :/

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network

Lightning as leader she's the most allround character and the best character in my opinion she just goes out and does it.
Fang as the main physical damage dealer as she has the highest strength.
Hope is a good ravager,synergist and medic as he has the highest magic escpecailly with the upgraded Hawkeye

I use vanille sometimes as she also a good person for magic but not as good as hope in my opinion but still very good she's also a better character than hope.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

I really like the paradigm system but I hate that we can change our team.
I also don't know what should be my team. I really like Snow and Lightning but they don't work so well together. I don't like Fang and Sazh.

I just wish they could kill a couple of characters right now :P

Lightning, Hope, Fang. I hate Hope and Fang MUCH but this is the most effective team.

Relentless Assault (RAV, RAV, COM)
Diversity (RAV, MED, COM)
Combat Clinic (MED, MED, SEN)
Evened Odds (MED, SYN, SAB)
Protection (MED, SYN, SEN)
Delta Attack (COM, RAV, SEN)

I use pretty much each of the Paradigms, though not all are always useful. Relentless Assault for chain-building and killing, Diversity for recovering while on offensive, Combat Clinic for healing and surviving, Evened Odds for buffing and debuffing, Protection for buffing when I simply can't buff and debuff at the same time (ie. powerful enemies), Delta Attack for, well, you know, one takes all the hits and the other two deal damage. Usually the only thing I must change is the starting Paradigm, not what Paradigms I have.

I have the all ladies team. Light, Fang, and Vanille. To me Vanille is a hundred time better than Hope. Why? Because she doesn't die as much as him. She even has more HP than Light. Fang has been my party leader since I got her because of her insane high attack. I've stuck with my ladies from beginning to end and don't plan on changing. My paradigms:

Relentless Assault: COM/RAV/RAV
Cerberus: COM/COM/COM
Tri-disaster: RAV/RAV/RAV
Tortoise: SEN/SEN/SEN
Salvation: MED/MED/MED
Assasination: SAB/RAV/SAB

Currently playing

MLB 09: The Show(PS3)

Around the Network

I started with Light(Leader)/Snow/Sazh, I have recently switched Sazh(Leader)/Light/Fang.

Paradigms:
Relentless Assault: RAV/RAV/COM
Diversity: MED/RAV/COM
Combat Clinic: MED/MED/SEN
Evened Odds: SYN/MED/SAB
Bully: SYN/COM/SAB
Cerberus: COM/COM/COM

I like controlling Sazh for better prioritizing (over the A.I.) of buffs. Also, on a staggered enemy with a large hitbox his blitz attack can do huge damage (with the right equipment), but the A.I. only likes to use AoE attacks when enemies are close together.

EDIT: Spelling.

Boutros said:
I really like the paradigm system but I hate that we can change our team.
I also don't know what should be my team. I really like Snow and Lightning but they don't work so well together. I don't like Fang and Sazh.

I just wish they could kill a couple of characters right now :P

Use lightning, snow & hope then

that should work....you'll just need a saboteur then. You can make one of them a saboteur...but the CP cost will be pretty big in order to advance in that crystarium sphere!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

c0rd said:

So, do most people here pick based mainly on stats, rather than how much they like the characters?

I'm kind of annoyed at how OP Fang seems to be, her finisher is better than Snow's, she has the most strength, and she sports -ra buffs.

with me by some dumb luck the characters I liked were the most useful ones i.e. Fang, Lightning, Hope

I like snow a lot too.....so I'm gonna use him as my "main" on my 2nd playthrough.

darthdevidem01 said:

I use Lightning (COM, RAV, MED), Fang (COM, SEN, SAB) & hope (MED, SYN, RAV) cus I get all the possible roles from them!

Here are the paradigms I use:

1. RAV/RAV/COM -- This is to build up the stagger bar.....I start every battle with this (unless its a boss battle)

2. COM/MED/COM -- Used when an enemy is staggered and when my party is low on health at the same time

3. COM/RAV/COM -- Used when the enemy is staggered & my party's health is fine

4. MED/MED/SEN -- Used when a MASSIVE ATTACK takes away a lot of my party's health....so 2 meds refill the health while the sentinel takes all the fire.

5. MED/SYN/SAB -- Used at the start of boss battles to buff my party & debuss the boss while the medic heals anyone during this time. Also used before staggering powerful enemies so that they get deshelled before the stagger & I get bravery = MASSIVE Extra damage in stagger mode

6. RAV/MED/COM -- Used on powerful enemies so that I can fill their stagger bar slowly while the medic refills health from their powerful attacks!

I LOVE the paradigm system!

oh and eidolons SUCK.

EDIT:

d21lewis if they are the paradigms you use as your main ones I can't see how you are liking this game cus how are you building up the stagger bar? lol

Those were just my examples!  I use Com/Syn/Sab until everybody is in Haste and the enemy is in some sort of disadvantage.  My "Kick the shit out of 'em" Paradigms are Rav/Rav/Rav or Com/Rav/Rav.  My favorite healing parties are like I mentioned:  Med/Syn/Med or Rav/Syn/Med (if I still want to deal a little damage).

d21lewis said:
darthdevidem01 said:

I use Lightning (COM, RAV, MED), Fang (COM, SEN, SAB) & hope (MED, SYN, RAV) cus I get all the possible roles from them!

Here are the paradigms I use:

1. RAV/RAV/COM -- This is to build up the stagger bar.....I start every battle with this (unless its a boss battle)

2. COM/MED/COM -- Used when an enemy is staggered and when my party is low on health at the same time

3. COM/RAV/COM -- Used when the enemy is staggered & my party's health is fine

4. MED/MED/SEN -- Used when a MASSIVE ATTACK takes away a lot of my party's health....so 2 meds refill the health while the sentinel takes all the fire.

5. MED/SYN/SAB -- Used at the start of boss battles to buff my party & debuss the boss while the medic heals anyone during this time. Also used before staggering powerful enemies so that they get deshelled before the stagger & I get bravery = MASSIVE Extra damage in stagger mode

6. RAV/MED/COM -- Used on powerful enemies so that I can fill their stagger bar slowly while the medic refills health from their powerful attacks!

I LOVE the paradigm system!

oh and eidolons SUCK.

EDIT:

d21lewis if they are the paradigms you use as your main ones I can't see how you are liking this game cus how are you building up the stagger bar? lol

Those were just my examples!  I use Com/Syn/Sab until everybody is in Haste and the enemy is in some sort of disadvantage.  My "Kick the shit out of 'em" Paradigms are Rav/Rav/Rav or Com/Rav/Rav.  My favorite healing parties are like I mentioned:  Med/Syn/Med or Rav/Syn/Med (if I still want to deal a little damage).

{phew}

I was like Did d21lewis skip all the tutorials!!!!!!!!!!!!tt111!!!!!!!!!!

lol

So your party's fine BUT I would see its vital to have more than 1 medic in your party later on..so think on that!