By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, and FF XIII turn things around?

In fact, to repeat it again,

The situation of the PS3 will NEVER be as bad as it was this year.
- no games - bad multiplateform games - average exclusive games - high price - games delayed - big exclusivity delayed.

so yes, wind is turning ...

Time to Work !

Around the Network
libellule said:

- no games - bad multiplateform games - average exclusive games - high price - games delayed - big exclusivity delayed.

ofcourse it will never be this bad but i dont think these games will give ps3 the push people are expecting

endurance said:
eugene said:
Nintendo is lucky and smart that they make money off their units cause I can imagine alot of Wii going unused after the the joy of wii sports wore off. I predict the 360 will remain the king of software sales

360 might nly win in attach rate but overall will lose

hum why not ??? I mean if XB has 2X the attach rate than the other console the other console will need to have more than 2X the quatity of unit sold...  and if that happens be sure that one of the 2 other console will die and right now that seat is for the PS3... put it that way WII will need more than 50% of the marketshares... and there is no way XB drops under 25%

so I'm almost positive the attach rate will be won by XB on that gen... and probably averall too..... WII is ahead but still we are not talking about a 2 for 1 on the market and we are far from it right now...  and last time I checked (couple monthes ago) XB was selling more games than both console combine (PS3 and WII) 

libellule said:

well I won't bet on that... right now is the worst it ever has been... will it be the last ??? are you sure of that... I gonna be flame for that... but what about having other exclu going multi ??? what about other delay... and finaly what about not selling enough game per unit that 3rd party simply drop the system because it's too costly to developpe for... that would mean exclu for MS for a lot of games that can't be handled by WII technically with MS not having to spend a dime on it...

it is the worst right now we have seen... not sure it's the last... for me PS is on the same path as DreamCast and GameCube.... the question if the console is good or not is not even the debate... the question is... will it die or not... and honestly right now they have their head deep underwater at Sony's headquarter... man the old boys at Sega must be so happy to see their assassin getting hit hard lol :) (dreamcast fan speaking lol :P )

endurance said:
libellule said:

ofcourse it will never be this bad but i dont think these games will give ps3 the push people are expecting

==> but the PS3, without these big games like GT5/MGS4/FFVIII is already "living".
Remember it begins to match (again ?) the Xbox360 WW sales without these games.

Note : obviously, if these games suck then it is game over.

Time to Work !

Around the Network
libellule said:
endurance said:
libellule said:

==> but the PS3, without these big games like GT5/MGS4/FFVIII is already "living".
Remember it begins to match (again ?) the Xbox360 WW sales without these games.

Note : obviously, if these games suck then it is game over.

no it's not... it just stoped drawning it's not going up in the marketshares.... you realise it has to double the sales of XB during a year non stop to catch up... and honestly I don't how anyone on earth could see that happening.... 1/2 more during 2 years is even hard to believe.... 

LOL how can 3 games make or break a console?

It needs consistant AAA games, not just 3.

Sales will spark and then they'll drop, those 3 games predecessors sold so much because it had such a huge user base, don't expect 8 million for FFXIII, I bought FFXII for example, but I did not buy a PS2 for this game and if I didn't have a PS2 I wouldn't of bought one for it.

And since when is games the only reason PS3 is failing?

endimion said:
libellule said:

well I won't bet on that... right now is the worst it ever has been... will it be the last ??? are you sure of that... I gonna be flame for that... but what about having other exclu going multi ??? what about other delay... and finaly what about not selling enough game per unit that 3rd party simply drop the system because it's too costly to developpe for... that would mean exclu for MS for a lot of games that can't be handled by WII technically with MS not having to spend a dime on it...

it is the worst right now we have seen... not sure it's the last... for me PS is on the same path as DreamCast and GameCube.... the question if the console is good or not is not even the debate... the question is... will it die or not... and honestly right now they have their head deep underwater at Sony's headquarter... man the old boys at Sega must be so happy to see their assassin getting hit hard lol :) (dreamcast fan speaking lol :P )

==> like shams that creates the "this is crunch time for the PS3" thread just before the PS3 succeed to be so close of the Xbox360 WW sales during 2 weeks.
You can continue to bet.

Halo3 is already released, Xbox360 entry price is low (270$), Xbox360 has the best line-up of 2007 (compared to PS3 at least), PS3 is still expensive, PS3 big sequels are not here, PS3 multiplateform games are worse than the Xbox360 version. Considering all these craps against the PS3 and since the PS3 is not dead (it is selling pretty well currently),  I m not worrired for 2008.

Microsoft is bullet free when Sony has only use 1 bullet (100$ price drop)

Time to Work !

""""And since when is games the only reason PS3 is failing?"""""

==> make a 700$ console, put in the 10 best games ever made (amazing gameplay/amazing gfx/amazing story), and the console will sell like hot cake.

games is not the only reason but it is the most important ...

Time to Work !

endimion said:
endurance said:
eugene said:
Nintendo is lucky and smart that they make money off their units cause I can imagine alot of Wii going unused after the the joy of wii sports wore off. I predict the 360 will remain the king of software sales

360 might nly win in attach rate but overall will lose

hum why not ??? I mean if XB has 2X the attach rate than the other console the other console will need to have more than 2X the quatity of unit sold...  and if that happens be sure that one of the 2 other console will die and right now that seat is for the PS3... put it that way WII will need more than 50% of the marketshares... and there is no way XB drops under 25%

so I'm almost positive the attach rate will be won by XB on that gen... and probably averall too..... WII is ahead but still we are not talking about a 2 for 1 on the market and we are far from it right now...  and last time I checked (couple monthes ago) XB was selling more games than both console combine (PS3 and WII) 

it was selling more combined then those 2 in america,but i japan wii crushes 360 in software,and in europe they are selling pretty close,with 360 just selling a little more,so i think in 2008 is when wii starts to sell more software then 360,also id like to note 360 sold this much software because its biggest game got released,while wiis just got released and more will come that will pass 5 million