By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, and FF XIII turn things around?

I want to stay on topic.

FF XIII will be a sucess in sales, and should move alot of consoles.

MGS4 will move consoles.

KZ2 dpends on reviews. I fit gets gears of war reviews and is hyped with commercials by sony. Then it may move consoles and sell more units than resistance.

mM
Around the Network

i want MGS4 and FFXIII, i could care less about killzone 2

Ari_Gold said:

I still wonder if FF XIII wil release in 08 or 09.

mM

Wow Such a vibrant conversation! Well i would like to add my 2 cents. These games will not propell the PS3 to 1st or 2nd place, but will add a strong reason for people who haven't bought one to get one. In regards to the PS3 and 360, i think i choose the PS3 for the console of my choice, due to the fact a have many PS2 games i love and stil enjoy, and it seems its more likely to get a lot more Japenese games, plus some cool western games. To me the 360, seems very american orientated, not that its a bad thing, just not my thing.

Put me down for the "I don't want any of these games but will be getting a PS3 anyway."

Around the Network
carlos710 said:
Lost tears of Kain said:

Didnt say you did, but thats your response to everyone, friend have wiis, others dont. Its not hard to see. Of course i dont know what im talking about. Hmm show me an area that i dont know what im talking about, cause at the current time your the only one saying it.

Nah. I never ask about what console someone owns. However my friends don't reply with things like "omg fuck you fanboyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!"

Yep thats me alright asswhole, show me where i did that here. I posted that to libellule for his comment on how NG was a mediocre hack and slash and i told him to stop being a fanboy and open his eyes that there are good games on both sides. He even realized it and did a form of apology for it. We got over it you should to. Your again putting words into my mouth

Yes you did, you did it in a spin like move. You listed Kindom hearts for nintendo, which is clearly not for the wii. You said "o well its for ds same thing" You spin things way to much

No. I did it because you said "all the big RPG franchises are coming to 360/ps3" while in fact NONE of them are coming to the 360. ALL of them are going to Wii, Ps3, DS or Psp. Not 360

No you were claiming all the big were coming to the wii, you then spun it and said WELL SOMG wii gets all the major ones. You then spun it saying it got KH for nintendo, NOT FOR THE WII. I never claimed franchises, i claim big IP and if you dont think games like last remnant and Infinite undiscovery are not big games then youve lost it. Once again feeding words into my mouth.

How many of those are coming out next year? Do you have the capacity to understand that we are talking 08 here? Ive yet to hear of zelda coming out in 08. Galaxy just came out. Again your listing bullshit.

I also listed games coming in 09 for the ps3 (FF13, RE 5) try to READ FOR ONCE.

About Galaxy : exactly, just came out, we still have to see how much it sells vs some of the big ps3 games coming (MGS4, GTA 4)

YOu were responding to MY POST, NOT your own. I DID NOT list those games, YOU DID i was commenting on MY LIST. Again your feeding BULLSHIT. And even if i DID list FF, there is STILL a possiblity of it coming in 08, at least in japan.

I said:

So i would say that the Wii is the one that has more huge franchises confirmed at the moment.

You said:

Never claimed they didnt,

However you posted this before...

God of war 3, GT 5, MGS4, FF 13 all unannounced games.

I dont care if they sell 1 million, they are big time proven franchises, just as big as mario cart and brawl, and ps3 possesses more of them

I just lol'd

For the last danm time your spinning words like no other. For a total of ALL FRANCHISES nintendo has MORE. for NEXT YEAR YOU DUMBSHIT ps3 possesses more.

who lol now, learn to read

again your trying to show me how "smart" you are by shoving words in my mouth then posting nonsense. Either respond to what i said or not at all. Next year, ps3 has its biggest games coming. If FF hits then it def has bigger.

Why are they bigger ? I will bet you a 6 month ban (or even better, a perma ban just the whole site can get rid of you) that Brawl + Mario Kart + Galaxy are going to outsell MGS 4 + GTA 4 + LBP (or any other ps3 game coming out in the first half of 08 that you want to use for the bet)

Hopefully you will accept this bet.

Why the hell would i be stupid enough to bet that. On a console with most likely 1/3 of the userbase by the time these games come out. We are not talking sales here, we are talking console pushing. We all heard of all the consoles galaxy was going to sell in japan. Heck we dont even know if it happened in US, for all we know was a larger shipment which is my guess.

Its a matter of opinion but most will agree with me. Insulting me on a subject i didnt even go into, nice job asswhole.

No is not a matter of opinion. Is a matter of FACTS. The Nintendo franchises, in fact, have sold more than sony franchises in the past. Pokemon and Mario are much bigger franchises that anything coming for the ps3. We don't need opinions on this, as sales data easily backups my argument.

And it wasn't an insult. If you say that i don't know anything about baseball i won't get offended, because in fact, i don't know anything about baseball.

Once again, we are talking about next year, quanity of number of exlusives, not quality. I have no doubt brawl will outsell all the franchises on the ps3. Once again im stating that the number of PROVEN IP, NUMBER OF "SYSTEM SELLERS" there are more likely MORE on the ps3 then wii. Understand?

Fine do that, but its not what others will percieve you as.

Yep im the fanboy here, defending a console that i dont even own from some deluded fanboy who shoves words into peoples mouths.

You are still attacking people ? remember that you were warned already.

Good let them warn me some more. Its hard getting this in your thick skull, heck i dont even know you have anything under your skull.

You spin words to disbelief, its unbelievable.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
leo-j said:
Ari_Gold said:

I still wonder if FF XIII wil release in 08 or 09.

with the rate and info we have, most likely a 09 release specially for US

theres a slim chance of 08 release for japan if they work their asses off.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

leo-j said:
I want to stay on topic.

FF XIII will be a sucess in sales, and should move alot of consoles.

MGS4 will move consoles.

KZ2 dpends on reviews. I fit gets gears of war reviews and is hyped with commercials by sony. Then it may move consoles and sell more units than resistance.

i agree with leo for once (good logic post leo)

FF 13 should be a decent system seller in the US and europe, not halo size but big. But in japan is where the power is. If it can do very very well, except it to move ALOT of consoles in japan

MGs4 will of course, how many i dont know.

KZ2 i agree with completely

libellule said:
"""There was a playable Killzone 2 demo? Oh wait no, it just had some game trailers. The game looks beautiful so it must be fun right? LAIR."""

no, some guys had some access to the demo level and saied it was ok (frame rate/control etc ...).
i dont think it can be compared to Lair

Don't forget that at the actual Sony conference, the guy was on stage playing it.

Anyway.... I'm excited for these games (big shocker after reading pages of back and forth arguing..) 

Lost tears of Kain said:

I will just leave this "argument" (or stop feeding your trollish posts). No reason to 'argue' with someone that doesn't remember what he posted 30 minutes ago.

You can keep thinking that you are "kicking ass" on the internet.

carlos710 - Capitán Primero: Nintendo Defense Force

"Wii are legion, for Wii are many"