By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Can Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, and FF XIII turn things around?

There are no hardcore IPs on Wii? This is where I stop taking you seriously...
SO how many HIGH rated hardcore IP were released on Wii vs PS3.
What have wii today against:
Resistance, Motorstorm, NGS, Oblivion, F1, GRAW2, DIRT, Warhawk, HS, Ratchet, Uncharted, Cod4, AC, Darkness, Folklore, EG5, Stranglehold, VF5, T5:DR and etc.
LOL, it`s PORTABLE market, where NINTENDO dominating. How it has effect on HOMESTATION consoles? SUPER MARIO GALAXY - JAPAN ?
but killzone didnt sell 3m+ on a userbase of 120m
GG joined Sony only in 2005, game was released in 2004. On KZ2 works over 120 developers, and budget is over 40 mln. $. It will be TOTALLY NEW GAME, it`s like SONY answer to GEOW, which was a NEW IP.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

Around the Network

KZ2 easy can reach 3m+. =)

http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=1112

A game that sold under a million on the PS2 is going to break 2 million on a system with less than 1/10th the install base? The reviews have it pegged as average at best as well. If a game like Ratchet and Clank suffers from lowered sales due to lower install base, then Killzone 2 is certainly going to suffer as well.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

CrazzyMan said:
There are no hardcore IPs on Wii? This is where I stop taking you seriously...
SO how many HIGH rated hardcore IP were released on Wii vs PS3.
What have wii today against:
Resistance, Motorstorm, NGS, Oblivion, F1, GRAW2, DIRT, Warhawk, HS, Ratchet, Uncharted, Cod4, AC, Darkness, Folklore, EG5, Stranglehold, VF5, T5:DR and etc.
LOL, it`s PORTABLE market, where NINTENDO dominating. How it has effect on HOMESTATION consoles? SUPER MARIO GALAXY - JAPAN ?
but killzone didnt sell 3m+ on a userbase of 120m
GG joined Sony only in 2005, game was released in 2004. On KZ2 works over 120 developers, and budget is over 40 mln. $. It will be TOTALLY NEW GAME, it`s like SONY answer to GEOW, which was a NEW IP.

yeah theyre all IP's

I believe Killzone 2 will sell a couple million even though the first duded. It has a lot more hype and its probably gonna be really polished. It just needs review scores at least on par with assassins creed 8-9.

Gnizmo said:

A game that sold under a million on the PS2 is going to break 2 million on a system with less than 1/10th the install base? The reviews have it pegged as average at best as well. If a game like Ratchet and Clank suffers from lowered sales due to lower install base, then Killzone 2 is certainly going to suffer as well.

They havent updated that since the Game detabase was created. Combine OTHERS(were it sold more) it should be around 2 million.

The ps2 wasnt a shooter type system, the ps3 on the other hand is( resistance sold 2 million ) cod4 is about to make it to 1 million.

KZ2 is a completely different game from killzone1. The gameplay vids say it all, you cant compare KZ1 with KZ2 in any way possible.

mM
Around the Network
eugene said:
I believe Killzone 2 will sell a couple million even though the first duded. It has a lot more hype and its probably gonna be really polished. It just needs review scores at least on par with assassins creed 8-9.

your kidding about more hype right,you do know that killzone was hyped as the halo killer

Name the PS3 title that sold more week one than SMG. I think that golf game might have. Anything else?

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Yeah, I remeber that in 2004. I bought both killzone and Halo 2. Neither lived up to the hype but killzone was so bad it made Halo 2 look spectacular. Like I said, Killzone 2 is different cause of its graphics, lack of triple a games, and FPS games are hot this generation. It just needs review scores at least on par with assassins creed.

Gnizmo said:

Name the PS3 title that sold more week one than SMG. I think that golf game might have. Anything else?

Dynast warriors

mM
leo-j said:
Gnizmo said:

They havent updated that since the Game detabase was created. Combine OTHERS(were it sold more) it should be around 2 million.

The ps2 wasnt a shooter type system, the ps3 on the other hand is( resistance sold 2 million ) cod4 is about to make it to 1 million.

KZ2 is a completely different game from killzone1. The gameplay vids say it all, you cant compare KZ1 with KZ2 in any way possible.

Resistance was bundled

We can compare it completely

1st Same developers, nothings changed there.

2. Same story

3. Same type of gameplay

4. Has killzone in the name

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.