By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kojima: Console will be dead “in the near future”

MrBubbles said:
yeah...games will be magically sent directly to peoples brains anywhere on the planet.

Actually, the technology is based around the used of electronic spores!

Around the Network
aragod said:
Lost - in - translation?

Maybe they used the Sony Translator Guy!

He was addressing the people of Japan. Japanese gamers want to have one platform only, and because they are always on the move they like handhelds moreso than consoles. Gadgets, smaller the better, and on the move.

richardhutnik said:
aragod said:
Lost - in - translation?

Maybe the used the Sony Translator Guy!

Haha that video just made my day!

MY HYPE LIST: 1) Gran Turismo 5; 2) Civilization V; 3) Starcraft II; 4) The Last Guardian; 5) Metal Gear Solid: Rising

kowenicki said:
Rhonin the wizard said:

Haven't we heard that credit cards would replace cash?

Or that videophones would replace telephones?

Or mobile phones would destroy handhelds?

Or that the NES is a fad and video games would only exist on computers?

Did any of these happen? No.

Consoles will continue to exist for a long time.

which country do ou live in? lol

most of those happened already.

Just how did it happen? More than half the earths population doesn't own a credit/debit card, most stores in most countries don't accept them either as they don't have a terminal.

Who in hell uses video calls? i mean seriously, i have not seen anyone use that function in any county i've been to for the past 5 years.

The third one is debatable, depends on how you percieve handheld gaming. I would actually agree that cell gaming destroys regular handheld gaming.

If i lose access to this profile as well....I'm done with this site.....You've been warned!!.....whoever you are...

Happy Wii60 user. Me and my family are a perfect example of where hardcore meets casual and together mutate into something awesome.

Around the Network

Cell phones vs Hand helds -

It's not really tricky, just look at the values.

By strait numbers cell phones destroy hand helds but using them for gaming or for the values hand held gaming presents the numbers would only be in potentials.

In the end more people get mobile phones to communicate than they do to play games, but do mobile phone games have as many people buying as hand helds do?

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

if this happens gaming is going to be over for me i dont play handhelds i play consoles and pc

aragod said:
richardhutnik said:
aragod said:
Lost - in - translation?

Maybe the used the Sony Translator Guy!

Haha that video just made my day!

He comes to mind when I see the word "translation" now .

I find it said that nobody here has brought up streaming technology. There are several services currently in beta with On Live due out in June. I've used the technology. It works and it works good.

I don't know who he was addressing or what he is speaking of, but think about where technology is moving. Phones get more bandwidth every generation, fiber optic data lines to peoples houses. WiFi in a large portion of public and private areas. Streaming technology exists today and it will only become more viable in the future.

So when he said people can experience their gaming anywhere he means as long as the device you're using can handle the stream than you're good to go. Right now it's possible to stream the most powerful PC games to a very weak laptop or tablet computer (you can even plug that into your 50inch flat panel).

He also said "won't depend on any platform".

He could be talking about true multiplatform games. That is you start playing the CoD: MW 12 campaign on your PC at home, then you go to your friend's house use your friend's iPad and pick up the game from where you saved it on your PC at home.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix