By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Kojima: Console will be dead “in the near future”

I cannot remember the last time I touched my DS/PSP, well PSP for gaming at least!

Hand helds are and always have been a weeker form of gaming. Unless in the future they can make the home console portable and very powerful with tonnes of ports, etc, etc, I doubt it. The thing is, consoles always get much more horse power with each generation and that it is hard to make it portable when 1st created.

To note; Oil is gonna run out too... someday.

Playing and finishing games first>>>>>>>>>>Then talking!

Opinions are subjective and just like moods, can change.

TOP 12: Deus Ex, Shadow Man, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturn, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metroid Prime, Zelda (series), Uncharted (series), FF Tactics, Persona (series), Demons Souls, Vagrant Story.

MOST WANTED: Deus Ex: Human Revolution, The Last Guardian, ICO/Shadow OTC HD

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
RolStoppable said:
If Nintendo can't be stopped, then consoles as a whole must become obsolete. Seems like a new trend.

as far as i'm concerned, the 3ds will be the ultimate console, making all others obsolete. Nintendo is cannibalizing itself.

Waggle beat HD but can it stand to... 3D!!!!!!

Oh, your notion of cannibalization; your 8 years late and your 1 dollar short.

GB/GBA cannibalized N64 & GC, of course consoles on a whole were still not hurt for whatever reason... magic maybe?

Or maybe Japans current case is the ghost of GB past?

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

dib8rman said:
theprof00 said:
RolStoppable said:
If Nintendo can't be stopped, then consoles as a whole must become obsolete. Seems like a new trend.

as far as i'm concerned, the 3ds will be the ultimate console, making all others obsolete. Nintendo is cannibalizing itself.

GB/GBA cannibalized N64 & GC, of course consoles on a whole were still not hurt for whatever reason... magic maybe?

or maybe n64 and gamecube sucked, and were only surviving on strong first party franchises aimed at the core and really nobody else?

Still, two of my favorite systems, but from what current nintendo fans say, gamecube and n64 had like a third of the 1st party games that wii has.

Rhonin the wizard said:

Haven't we heard that credit cards would replace cash?

Or that videophones would replace telephones?

Or mobile phones would destroy handhelds?

Or that the NES is a fad and video games would only exist on computers?

Did any of these happen? No.

Consoles will continue to exist for a long time.

Are you kidding me? 3 of the 4 things on your list DID happen. If you're going to try and make a point at least use better examples.

theprof00 said:
dib8rman said:
theprof00 said:
RolStoppable said:

or maybe n64 and gamecube sucked, and were only surviving on strong first party franchises aimed at the core and really nobody else?

Still, two of my favorite systems, but from what current nintendo fans say, gamecube and n64 had like a third of the 1st party games that wii has.

Right, and here we are at Wii.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

Yep. This will happen soon after Kojima becomes an Oscar winning director.

Actually that's possible. Monique won an Oscar, didn't she? I didn't watch her performance yet but I'm guessing that she was a loud and foulmouthed woman that hates skinny women. Am I right?

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Kojima, Kojima... tsc, tsc. Like the thesis about Cinema, DVD and TV, once again, you are wrong.. as ever.

amp316 said:

Actually that's possible. Monique won an Oscar, didn't she? I didn't watch her performance yet but I'm guessing that she was a loud and foulmouthed woman that hates skinny women. Am I right?

She was a loud and foulmouthed mom who hates her fat loud daughter, so close.

dib8rman said:
Who let koji out of it's cage! Shoo, shoo go back in there. *Notice sign* "Worlds biggest talking ass!"

Seriously it's like a freak show, why the hell do they let it talk!?

He works for a third party company he wouldn't know the first thing about running a successful console company cause his company doesn't know the first thing about how to do it, if they did they would be a successful console company hence why he should never speak on the subject again... but he will and the freak show goes on.

When you have individuals who are such fans of his, they consider his games superior storytelling to even top movies, media will feel it is important to listen to him.  I actually saw people say the last Metal Gear game was a better story than even top movies, on here.

amp316 said:

Some on here think he should win that.