By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - CRYTEK: Crysis 2 PS3 Will Hit Graphical Ceiling

Although i'm sure this game will be gorgeous, I always find it funny when devs claim there games capabilities will never be bested and then when they eventually create a sequel, there previous game was all of a sudden only making use of a certain percentage of the system and engines overall power. There will definitely be prettier games than Crysis 2 on PS3 in the future, but hopefully  it will be as glorious as I keep hearing them say it is. That being said, the pictures i've seen so far have not blown me away by any means, but obviously pictures of games aren't as useful as video or actually playing it first hand. The tech demo of the crytech3 engine was impressive tho.

Around the Network
Darth_Snutch said:

Although i'm sure this game will be gorgeous, I always find it funny when devs claim there games capabilities will never be bested and then when they eventually create a sequel, there previous game was all of a sudden only making use of a certain percentage of the system and engines overall power. There will definitely be prettier games than Crysis 2 on PS3 in the future, but hopefully  it will be as glorious as I keep hearing them say it is. That being said, the pictures i've seen so far have not blown me away by any means, but obviously pictures of games aren't as useful as video or actually playing it first hand. The tech demo of the crytech3 engine was impressive tho.

I like your avatar. It reminds me of the show house. lol

Just Listening to music

I bet that it won't even look as good as Unchertd 2 on the PS3 /-

You can't have a game that looks THAT good on BOTH HD consoles.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Around the Network

I am buying Crysis 2 on PS3 for sure.

Wow, they really do know how to stoke the PS3 userbase. All you have to do is say OMG its maxxxxxed and they have instant recognition.

Step 1. Say its maxxed on the PS3.

Step 2. Release screenshots of the PC version but don't say its the PC version.

Step 3. Ensure the Xbox 360 has a higher framerate.

Step 4. Say the PS3 version 'looks better'

Step 5. ?????

Step 6. Profit.

Tease.

Skeeuk said:
i predict Killzone 2 to have better visuals than crysis 2

fixed

mM

well at least crysis 2 will be out this year it may end up being a good game.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

I doubt it :P
I am sure the next GOW if going to straight murder crysis graphically.