By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Are macs really better then pc's?

SmoothCriminal said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Sorcery said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
PC are hands down better than MACs.

Most people only buy MAC or other Apple products cause they are the 'COOL' thing of today and having it is a style statement.Showing off.No wonder iPHONE sold so well even though it had nothing

The iPhone is still one of the best smartphones out there, even with all the ones that followed its release. I have no interest in getting one, but I'm not going to deny it's an excellent device.

As for Mac vs PC? I honestly don't know what to say. PC laptops sort of suck ass, to be honest, but Macbooks are all built to be incredibly efficient despite lacking the power of their PC laptop counterparts. I honestly look at Macs like Nintendo systems; they're built extremely well, a bit overpriced considering their components, but they'll treat you well and last a long time. I look at PC's like Sony/MS systems; they're not that well built and they won't last that long, but they'll throw as much power as they can at you in comparison to what you'll pay for them.

That's not to say all Macs are well-built, you're still going to have problems on occasion, but on the whole they perform nicely.

iphone is ok.

but its noway near the droid or Nokia n900 or xperia.not even anyway near the nokia old ones like N95-96-97.

heck the first iphone didn't even show you the name of the person in ur directory that was calling you and didn't have 3g which was there way before

The iPhone may lose in features, but it wins in design. I have an iPhone, and my mom has a Droid. It's big, bulky, heavy, and doesn't fit in pockets well. The iPhone is the exact opposite. 

OT: PC works for me, and that's where the games are. Besides, I don't want to pay 3 times the price for the same parts. Macs have a wonderful OS, but it's not worth the extra money.

There's more than one kind of droid phone. I have the smaller droid phone. I've always had a pc. I really don't know the differences between the two.

Around the Network
oldschoolfool said:
SmoothCriminal said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
Sorcery said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
PC are hands down better than MACs.

Most people only buy MAC or other Apple products cause they are the 'COOL' thing of today and having it is a style statement.Showing off.No wonder iPHONE sold so well even though it had nothing

The iPhone is still one of the best smartphones out there, even with all the ones that followed its release. I have no interest in getting one, but I'm not going to deny it's an excellent device.

As for Mac vs PC? I honestly don't know what to say. PC laptops sort of suck ass, to be honest, but Macbooks are all built to be incredibly efficient despite lacking the power of their PC laptop counterparts. I honestly look at Macs like Nintendo systems; they're built extremely well, a bit overpriced considering their components, but they'll treat you well and last a long time. I look at PC's like Sony/MS systems; they're not that well built and they won't last that long, but they'll throw as much power as they can at you in comparison to what you'll pay for them.

That's not to say all Macs are well-built, you're still going to have problems on occasion, but on the whole they perform nicely.

iphone is ok.

but its noway near the droid or Nokia n900 or xperia.not even anyway near the nokia old ones like N95-96-97.

heck the first iphone didn't even show you the name of the person in ur directory that was calling you and didn't have 3g which was there way before

The iPhone may lose in features, but it wins in design. I have an iPhone, and my mom has a Droid. It's big, bulky, heavy, and doesn't fit in pockets well. The iPhone is the exact opposite. 

OT: PC works for me, and that's where the games are. Besides, I don't want to pay 3 times the price for the same parts. Macs have a wonderful OS, but it's not worth the extra money.

There's more than one kind of droid phone. I have the smaller droid phone. I've always had a pc. I really don't know the differences between the two.

Yeah, I have the Motorola Droid with keyboard and it is about the same exact size as the iPhone.  Plus it has a keyboard and trackball thing so I like it a lot better.  The only thing I like better about the iPhone is the touch screen is more responsive.  Really the only thing that makes the iPhone appealing is the App store selection.  Give Android phones a few years and it will be the dominant choice.

I don't know. i prefer the Mac OS over Vista though. thats the main reason i switched

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

ShadowSoldier said:
I don't know. i prefer the Mac OS over Vista though. thats the main reason i switched

You would. I prefer getting my scrotum knifed over Vista so that's a no brainer.

Mummelmann said:
ShadowSoldier said:

You would. I prefer getting my scrotum knifed over Vista so that's a no brainer.

I haven't tried Windows 7 and im debating getting a new computer with it or a new IMAC....

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network

For every Apple product you can find an equal or better product for much less $$$$.

ShadowSoldier said:
Mummelmann said:
ShadowSoldier said:

I haven't tried Windows 7 and im debating getting a new computer with it or a new IMAC....

I haven't tried it either but my roommate has it and it seems brilliant from what I've seen and what he tells me (he's a techy...). I'm going to have to upgrade myself in order to use DX11 and more total system memory when I upgrade pretty soon.

bimmylee said:
So many Mac haters. What a shame.

Only 1 or 2 people look to be Mac haters. But you seem to class everyone who things PCs are better, and anyone who... I dunno, objectively looks at what Macs offer vs their price, to be a Mac hater.

I am a mac user. BUT I like PCs too. I use both all the time and they each have their individual worth. Honestly neither is better, both suit specific purposes to specific people. These kinds of arguments are just dickhat contests where someone is trying to prove they are better by being on one side of the fence or not. YES apple built computers tend to be more expensive. I was required to get one for school and then it burnt out. But Apple finally fixed their tech support and when I went to get it fixed, they gave me a brand new one no questions asked.

The new computer is one powerful machine with 7hr battery life, great graphics and a lot of ram and processing power to work with.
Yes, you do pay a premium for mac laptops, Mac towers, and depending on the model, iMacs.

But it is down to the consumer to decide which they personally feel suits them, not a bunch of angry posts on a forum.
Fanboyism or anti-fanboyism when it comes to products and companies is a waste of time. You aren't proving which is better, only how much you like or dislike something.

So please people, let's go about this civilly. Not like a bunch of flame mongering forum trolls.

MikeB said:
@ Plaupius

An Apple related Amiga quote (from 1996, head of Macintosh development / chief engineering in the 80s until the early 90s):

"When the Amiga came out, everyone was scared as hell. No one could figure out how they packed so much power into its off-the-shelf parts."

I guess they were also worried people like me could run MacOS emulated faster from within AmigaOS than the fastest Mac could. 8-)

Many missed oppertunities, but the dream lives on:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mg6wrYCT9Q

Yeah, sadly the history is full of great ideas and products that either go completely unnoticed or live on for a few years and slowly fade away. All the while comparatively speaking poor alternatives become the mainstream.

But still, at least I have Apple and Macs and my iPhone. And I truly hope the Windows Phone 7 Series turns out good, it is looking promising. As is Courier too. We need more innovation and better products for the mainstream.