By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Are macs really better then pc's?

flacomeza said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
PC are hands down better than MACs.

Most people only buy MAC or other Apple products cause they are the 'COOL' thing of today and having it is a style statement.Showing off.No wonder iPHONE sold so well even though it had nothing

How can you say that an iphone has nothing? Sorry, but in my opinion, you are wrong. The iphone has a multitouch screen better than almost every other touch screen devices on the market (I have seen de HTC diomonds, the Androids, the Nokias, etc) and for the normal user, there is no comparison. Also you have a decent mp3 player, 3G, gps, games, a good online service. Maybe all of the iphone services and functions are not the best of the market, but the important thing is that, thanks to the touch screen and the userface, it delivers a unique and simple experience for the average consumer. Yes, it lacks and external memory port, yes, it doesnt works as a hard drive, and a lot of other things. So, I think it had, for the time, a lot of stuff.

Now, going back to the main topic, MACs are more expensive, but in my opinion the perform way better than a equivalet pc, more smooth, less crashes, etc.

Now, its only my opinion.

why didn't they include 3G in first iphone when it was common.it can be only 3 things,they cudn't because of their ability or they were trying to rip off consumers with new iteration or they wanted to keep the price down.

"Also you have a decent mp3 player, 3G, gps, games, a good online service."

every phone has that and much more

and where is multitasking.

and almost all touch screen phone provide the same multitouch as iphone.

and are you saying even if your iphone were to have the best multitouch and same feature,it would win over all other phones just because of the multi-touch?

now you would be saying,this guy is just a hater because of the way i sound.

to tell No i'm not a hater,i just don't like the major hype and 'i am buying it cause its the new cool thing' attitude.

iphone is a great phone but it just didn't deserve the sales it got.i mean beating phones from nokia,sony,htc.they were way better

Around the Network

i think it all depends on what you wanna do. if you wanna game with it nothing compares to the pc. if you want to lets say dj, or mix music or make movies and stuff like that the mac is better. it just the way it is. they each have their own thing going and if you have both then you have the best of both worlds.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

Solid_Snake4RD said:
flacomeza said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

Most people only buy MAC or other Apple products cause they are the 'COOL' thing of today and having it is a style statement.Showing off.No wonder iPHONE sold so well even though it had nothing

How can you say that an iphone has nothing? Sorry, but in my opinion, you are wrong. The iphone has a multitouch screen better than almost every other touch screen devices on the market (I have seen de HTC diomonds, the Androids, the Nokias, etc) and for the normal user, there is no comparison. Also you have a decent mp3 player, 3G, gps, games, a good online service. Maybe all of the iphone services and functions are not the best of the market, but the important thing is that, thanks to the touch screen and the userface, it delivers a unique and simple experience for the average consumer. Yes, it lacks and external memory port, yes, it doesnt works as a hard drive, and a lot of other things. So, I think it had, for the time, a lot of stuff.

Now, going back to the main topic, MACs are more expensive, but in my opinion the perform way better than a equivalet pc, more smooth, less crashes, etc.

why didn't they include 3G in first iphone when it was common.it can be only 3 things,they cudn't because of their ability or they were trying to rip off consumers with new iteration or they wanted to keep the price down.

and are you saying even if your iphone were to have the best multitouch and same feature,it would win over all other phones just because of the multi-touch?

to tell No i'm not a hater,i just don't like the major hype and 'i am buying it cause its the new cool thing' attitude.

iphone is a great phone but it just didn't deserve the sales it got.i mean beating phones from nokia,sony,htc.they were way better

you forgot the reason why it sold so well. its not cause there were "better" phones out there it is cause it was a phone/ipod and it was the first of the phones that had a full touch screen. the rest didnt come out till about a year later. the other things you touched on is ok. but the iphone did it first and that is what people bought. ya know kinda like the ipod in itself.

dick cheney loves me, he wants to take me hunting

mkwii code- 1977-0565-0049

scorptile said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:
flacomeza said:
Solid_Snake4RD said:

you forgot the reason why it sold so well. its not cause there were "better" phones out there it is cause it was a phone/ipod and it was the first of the phones that had a full touch screen. the rest didnt come out till about a year later. the other things you touched on is ok. but the iphone did it first and that is what people bought. ya know kinda like the ipod in itself.

there were alot of phones that had full touch screen that time,people just didn't like it.

and are you telling me that if it had been named something else without the 'i' and if people didn't know it was from apple,it would have sold like it sold?

it wouldn't have sold without 'i' branding.it would have sold well but no way near 40m sales it got

ssj12 said:
ya, because of the OS. Mac is actually a better OS all around. better functionality, smaller memory footprint. Better features. Remember Windows Vista and 7 borrow most of their features from Mac.

Still due to Apple's closed standard, the OS suffers from expensive pricing for compatible hardware and lack of dev support.

Well, Mac OS doesn't have much on Windows 7. (Vista, I'll grant you that)  Smaller memory footprint is irrelevant. For less money you'd have twice the RAM in a PC - a bigger memory footprint wouldn't matter at all from a cost perspective.

As for features, that's actually wrong - windows announced most of the  features that Vista would include way before Mac announced or implemented them. The difference is Mac can roll out a new OS in a relatively short time. Viruses and hackers rarely target Macs because of their marketshare. Windows OSs have a much longer development time due to requiring much better security and more features overall. (It doesn't seem like they have better security though, because Macs don't get targetted) So while Vista took several years to release after XP, Mac saw the features MS announced/demoed, and rolled them out first.

Around the Network

OT: nope.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.