By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - AAARRRGGH!!! My Nunchuk is breaking...

One of my two Nunchuks for my Wii is breaking.  The problem is in the analog stick.  I was playing last night for a bit, when I noticed that the analog controller was sticking a bit.  Hard to explain.  It's like some tiny thing inside the device was holding you back so that you could not move in that particular direction.

I tried to work the kink out by somewhat vigorously moving the thing around all over the place.  Now I think whatever the problem was is lodged on the left side of the controller.  You have to really muscle the analog stick to make it go all the way to the left, which is impractical and useless.

Nintendo usually makes a quality product, so this is a little disappointing.  I'll probably end up replacing it with a new one.  Anyone else have/had this problem?

Around the Network

no problems here...you can get the special screwdriver at radioshack I think....best try to take it apart to see if there is something inside...might set you back $2, but that's better than $20.

Haven't had such a problem...could have been something you got lodged in it.

But even so, you could take it apart with said screwdriver...it should be fixable.

And if you REALLY care, you could likely get a replacement or something from Nintendo...they're quite good with customer service.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

That is really strange, never heard of that happening before. I agree with Ben though, you should call nintendo and see if they will replace it.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

@BenKenobi88 and @super_etecoon

great advice from both of you. I had no idea where to get a screw driver like that so thx. I can't think of anything small enough to get in there?

If I come up dry with Nintendo I'll try the screwdriver.

@Ben
Should I call or e-mail?

Around the Network

i havnt had a problem with any of my Wii equipment ..and its gone through the ultimate test....

10 hours with four 11 year olds!!!!@@!@!@

ya and it all came back in its orginal form thank god lol

I am WEEzY. You can suck my Nintendo loving BALLS!

MynameisGARY

I just noticed that Im reading..

On topic: Call custumer service.

mM

IT WORKS AGAIN!!! I put of calling customer service on this, but when I finally got around to looking on-line it said something to the effect of "we don't cover that."

I picked the thing up, and moved the anolog stick out of curiousity, and it worked perfectly again!

On a sad note, now one of the B buttons on my Wii-mote is somewhat sticky.
Webstie said Nintendo doesn't cover that either...perhaps it will right itself like the nunchuk did?

I'm having some problems with my guitar hero III-guitar. The blue and orange buttons seems to be harder to push down then the other 3 but it could be that they have been pushed down far less times then the standard 3 :P

Predictions for December 31st 2008:
Wii 38,000,000
DS 84,500,000
PS3 17,000,000
PSP 41,000,000
X360 23,000,000

I'm glad you didn't have to open up your Nunchuck, and that the problem resolved itself. My Wavebird did the same thing about a year or so ago. Now it works great.

On a side note, my friend and I opened up a Wii-mote, just to see what was inside. As soon as we got the thing open, a friggin' fairy (he says it was a pixie, we argue about it all the time) flew out of the damned thing, went through an open window, and never came back. Now, the Wii Remote won't register when you move it.......true story!