By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenosaga: 2d trailer

Stefan.De.Machtige said:
It looks great. The characters models aren't bothering me much.

P.S.

People who says they look like PS2 models, need to actaully compare it to something like FF12. Some people have a unrealistic picture of the PS2.

it does actually.

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

Around the Network

Looks really cool.

I want to see the real gameplay , the graphics as i sad looks just OK , there is some nasty texture here and there ...but well i dont think we gonna notice in the battle field or when the games does not zoon in ...

So far its just good... for a nintendo game.

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

actually it reminds me of PSP graphics(but slightly better, just look at crisis core graphics and then look at this), but I don't care, like I said story>>graphics

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

The girl is pretty hot xP

Around the Network

Why is it that you can only ever understand the pointless dialogue, and not the important stuff? I caught the girl saying "the wind feels good," and chunks of other stuff, but nothing that really yields the meat of that trailer.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Games4Fun said:
Wyrdness said:
Games4Fun said:

I liked the trailer it looks fine to me at this stage. I hope they keep those voice overs like that with English subtitles or at least give us the option to keep them. I would like to see a little bit of game play though as I read on here in another thread it was going to be RTS, and the person did not respond to me asking where they heard this. Anyways, if that is true /cry.

RTS is Real Time Strategy (E.g Starcraft 2 etc...), it won't be like that, from what I've seen it'll play like a jrpg world of warcraft, I can explain this speculation if you want me to.

Please do! You have already at least temporily made me happy by saying it is not RTS Also, I have played WOW since around release so I understand what that games is, but i really do not understand a console game that is not a MMORPG being that.

Here's what I've posted in my thread on Gametrailers explaining this to someone complete with the scan and original trailer:

Scan

Original trailer

you have various commands that you equip on a interface, when in battle you use any of the equipped commands and they're performed instantly, the catch is that each action has a recharge time of when you can use it again to nullify rediculous spamming of attacks, recharge times vary but reduce as you grow stronger. As a result the game is more action oriented then any MMORPG and gets faster as you level up, you're also free to move in battle as well.

This is the system WOW uses and the one Xenoblade is most likely going after, I'll explain this speculation right now. In the first scan I posted the is a screen with a battle in it notice at the bottom is a user interface with a few actions in it, this is similar to the set up to the UI in WOW where your equipped actions are on a bar at the bottom of the screen, notice how one section of the UI in the screen is highlighted indicating that the player chooses which action to perform from it.

Now to further back this up watch the debut trailer vid I posted in the OP, in the brief battles you see in it you see the same interface and the highlighted section moving across the UI freely further indicating you select attacks from it. In the video you also see several attack in the UI darkened out but gradually filling up in colour indicating the recharge time found in games like WOW, putting two and two together in this speculation suggests a WOW style fight system as opposed to the D&D system in kotor or the list selection system found in FFXII. The Video also shows you're free to move around.

Wyrdness said:
Games4Fun said:
Wyrdness said:
Games4Fun said:

I liked the trailer it looks fine to me at this stage. I hope they keep those voice overs like that with English subtitles or at least give us the option to keep them. I would like to see a little bit of game play though as I read on here in another thread it was going to be RTS, and the person did not respond to me asking where they heard this. Anyways, if that is true /cry.

RTS is Real Time Strategy (E.g Starcraft 2 etc...), it won't be like that, from what I've seen it'll play like a jrpg world of warcraft, I can explain this speculation if you want me to.

Please do! You have already at least temporily made me happy by saying it is not RTS Also, I have played WOW since around release so I understand what that games is, but i really do not understand a console game that is not a MMORPG being that.

Here's what I've posted in my thread on Gametrailers explaining this to someone complete with the scan and original trailer:

Scan

Original trailer

you have various commands that you equip on a interface, when in battle you use any of the equipped commands and they're performed instantly, the catch is that each action has a recharge time of when you can use it again to nullify rediculous spamming of attacks, recharge times vary but reduce as you grow stronger. As a result the game is more action oriented then any MMORPG and gets faster as you level up, you're also free to move in battle as well.

This is the system WOW uses and the one Xenoblade is most likely going after, I'll explain this speculation right now. In the first scan I posted the is a screen with a battle in it notice at the bottom is a user interface with a few actions in it, this is similar to the set up to the UI in WOW where your equipped actions are on a bar at the bottom of the screen, notice how one section of the UI in the screen is highlighted indicating that the player chooses which action to perform from it.

Now to further back this up watch the debut trailer vid I posted in the OP, in the brief battles you see in it you see the same interface and the highlighted section moving across the UI freely further indicating you select attacks from it. In the video you also see several attack in the UI darkened out but gradually filling up in colour indicating the recharge time found in games like WOW, putting two and two together in this speculation suggests a WOW style fight system as opposed to the D&D system in kotor or the list selection system found in FFXII. The Video also shows you're free to move around.

Ah I get what you meant now. That would actually be pretty cool  thanks

this games sounds interesting. the envorements looks well, but the characters... they all need more work and textures

The graphics and the scenarios are AMAZING! The only problem is the design and art of the characters.