By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenosaga: 2d trailer

The background looks great, that big monster at the begining looks great, the characters looks ok.

But good lord those horse-things at the begining looks pretty bad.

EDIT: Could some mod please edit my title to Xenoblade I made a big mistake with it. Thanks

Around the Network

Thanks for the trailer, character models could use some work but it looks like it's coming along nicely.

The character models aren't very impressive, but that doesn't bother me much. Looking forward to more vids.

360 Games Now Playing   360 Games unopened:  Resonance of Fate  Last 360 Game I Beat: Resident Evil 5

DS Games Now Playing: Dragon Quest VI  DS Games unopened Knights in the Nightmare, Etrian Odyssey III, Okamiden, Dragon Quest IX Last DS Game I beat: Radiant Historia

Wii Games Now Playing  Super Mario Galaxy 2, Arc Rise Fantasia  Wii  Games unopened  Little King's Story, Sonic Colors, Silent Hill Shattered Memories Last Wii Game I beat: Sin & Punishment 2

I liked the trailer it looks fine to me at this stage. I hope they keep those voice overs like that with English subtitles or at least give us the option to keep them. I would like to see a little bit of game play though as I read on here in another thread it was going to be RTS, and the person did not respond to me asking where they heard this. Anyways, if that is true /cry.

Games4Fun said:

I liked the trailer it looks fine to me at this stage. I hope they keep those voice overs like that with English subtitles or at least give us the option to keep them. I would like to see a little bit of game play though as I read on here in another thread it was going to be RTS, and the person did not respond to me asking where they heard this. Anyways, if that is true /cry.

RTS is Real Time Strategy (E.g Starcraft 2 etc...), it won't be like that, from what I've seen it'll play like a jrpg world of warcraft, I can explain this speculation if you want me to.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
Games4Fun said:

RTS is Real Time Strategy (E.g Starcraft 2 etc...), it won't be like that, from what I've seen it'll play like a jrpg world of warcraft, I can explain this speculation if you want me to.

Please do! You have already at least temporily made me happy by saying it is not RTS Also, I have played WOW since around release so I understand what that games is, but i really do not understand a console game that is not a MMORPG being that.

One moment it looks fantastic and the next it doesn't look too good. Overall, it needs work though I'm liking the direction its going. I hope for some gameplay video soon.

It looks great. The characters models aren't bothering me much.

P.S.

People who says they look like PS2 models, need to actaully compare it to something like FF12. Some people have a unrealistic picture of the PS2.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

Change the title from "Xenosaga 2D" since Xenosaga 2D is an actual DS game that I was HOPING finally was announced for release here....

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Well the only issue with the models is that I think they sort of look blurry. The textures don't look neat and clear, and that's what makes them look strange. Hopefully this will be fixed although I don't mind if it's not. It's not like it will make the game any less good.

Good trailer though. The environment looks quite good, especially the waterfalls area. :)