By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Never played Pokemon before..

I just put in whoever is good for what I need. You really don't stay in one area long enough for anyone to get too far ahead in levels. I have 1-2 pokemon that are consistently ahead, but if one really lags behind you can just throw an exp share on them and have them #1 in your party and switch them out right away. They'll grab tons of experience that way.

EDIT: as a note, I only really use 6 pokemon unless I absolutely need another one. when I say 1-2 get ahead, it is 1-2 out of the 6, but an exp share evens everything out.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

i ususally find 5 or 6 good pokemon, and level them up pretty evenly. everything else goes into storage to rot lol.

come try out the computer game i've been working on for my high school senior project, titled sling ball. http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=76669&page=1

you can view a few screenshots from the game in my photo album here; http://www.vgchartz.com/photos/album.php?album=2312

yes, this is vonboy's alt account. i can't log into my original account, and i'm not sure if i will ever be able to.

Proud Member of the Official Yoshi Fan Club!.

I always try keep mine at the same level.

Tanstalas said:
So I picked up Heart Gold, and have been playing for about 3 hours, just have a question, do you guys rotate your pokemon in and out of battles so they all level up together?

As right now, I'm using just one mostly all the time and he is level 16 where the next highest is 5, just got my first badge, so should I just level the one that is 16 up to 20, then switch to another pokemon and level him up..

Just wondering what you guys usually do, since this is my first Pokemon game

I tend to keep them all ruffly the same level and I do mean ALL. I like to catch as many as I can too, so as you can imagine this takes a extremly long time to get anywhere so if you are not into grindfest I would not suggest that. I would suggest keeping atleast a couple high level ones though haveing only one high level and rest low level is bound to make you hate the game. Plus so many different types of Pokemon and abilites you would be missing out on so much!

buy one of the two new ones, theres no real storyline so it doesn't matter which one you start with

no idea how to make this properly work