Forums - Microsoft Discussion - David Cage 'frustrated' by Microsoft's 'sci-fi' Natal presentation.

Microsoft, the developer of the product, wants you to believe it does certain things.
David Cage, who works for a competitor of said developer, wants you to believe it doesn't do those things.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.



Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
Microsoft, the developer of the product, wants you to believe it does certain things.
David Cage, who works for a competitor of said developer, wants you to believe it doesn't do those things.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

The funny thing is, Heavy Rain is actually a game that would mesh perfectly with Natal, assuming the technology works as planned.



BMaker11 said:
selnor said:
So a company in extremely close ties with Sony has doubts on NATAL.

*Rolls Eyes*

Some of those things may not make the final version of NATAL. We are going to see the final finished product this year. Notice last E3 they use the name 'Project' NATAL. This year the finished 'Project' will have a name.

Just because Sony showed the PS3 with a boomerang controller and changed it for release doesn't mean they falsely advertised. It happens during a working project.

Quantic Dream is a completely independent developer....and it's not like they haven't made a game for Microsoft before. Ninja Theory is the same way. 

They have been very vocal about only making for PS3 this gen. Very vocal. Also I remember reading about Sony looking to own them. Lets not beat the bush. They said no games for 360. And why would any 3rd party company do that, with a bigger user base and more likely sals on the 360 unless there were strong ties with Sony. Dont beat the bush. No QD games on 360 this gen 'shows' Sony ties.



greenmedic88 said:
thekitchensink said:
Microsoft, the developer of the product, wants you to believe it does certain things.
David Cage, who works for a competitor of said developer, wants you to believe it doesn't do those things.

The truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

The funny thing is, Heavy Rain is actually a game that would mesh perfectly with Natal, assuming the technology works as planned.

Didn't QD say Heavy Rain could ONLY be done on the PS3...lol.  That seems the be a the scripteed response from developers working with Sony alot...



"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

selnor said:
BMaker11 said:
selnor said:
So a company in extremely close ties with Sony has doubts on NATAL.

*Rolls Eyes*

Some of those things may not make the final version of NATAL. We are going to see the final finished product this year. Notice last E3 they use the name 'Project' NATAL. This year the finished 'Project' will have a name.

Just because Sony showed the PS3 with a boomerang controller and changed it for release doesn't mean they falsely advertised. It happens during a working project.

Quantic Dream is a completely independent developer....and it's not like they haven't made a game for Microsoft before. Ninja Theory is the same way. 

They have been very vocal about only making for PS3 this gen. Very vocal. Also I remember reading about Sony looking to own them. Lets not beat the bush. They said no games for 360. And why would any 3rd party company do that, with a bigger user base and more likely sals on the 360 unless there were strong ties with Sony. Dont beat the bush. No QD games on 360 this gen 'shows' Sony ties.

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=7088 



Around the Network

I will wait to see the final product before agreeing with him or not....I am very skeptical of Natal but who knows...maybe it really can do some impressive stuff...but I will believe it when I see it and I have not seen a promising demo yet (and no hitting balls or standing like constipated to drive a car are not promising nor do they looks fun) I think Natal can excel in different unique types of gameplay, so I hope they come up with some nice games



In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

he is right, he doesn't sound like insulting it, but microsoft really try to overhype it past E3, media will burn them if they don't do what they promised.



mike_intellivision said:
Interesting to see where people come down on this.

I will say this though -- given the PR this technology has received, Microsoft needs to tread carefully with the hyperbole. What might seem obvious to posters in this forum as not being possible (what David Cage pointed out), may be the implicit expectation of the purchaser. Thus, if the promotional video results in an clear misunderstanding regarding the capabilities of the technology, the resultant bad publicity will be very costly for Microsoft.

Mike from Morgantown

I completely agree.  MS has been pushing this like it will be the next huge thing.  It's already recieved numerous articles and awards based on "what it could do."  That alone, in my book at least, is BS.  It also sets MS for a huge problem.  Anything that's hyped this much is either a success or a flop.  No real in betweens.  And given the fact that all the post-E3 buzz was based on the prototype, one that still contained the microprocessor (and still had tracking issues even with it), doesn't give me much hope for the device.  Not saying MS can't pull it off, just being cynical and not being swept up into the hype.

I think it's smarter the way Sony played it.  Just create a little buzz at E3 last year, with a bigger push near launch.  This allows the hype behind the product to not be too huge, which in turn allows the product to make it on its own merits.  So even if the Move is not a HUGE succes, it can at least get a moderate following on those merits and not be bashed for not living up to an oversized hype.  Plus, we have seen how it can be used in core games aimed at the "hardcore" PS3 gamers.  The same can not be said of Natal.  And let's face it, the 360 has very few "casual" gamers.

But really, I don't see either one of these being as huge as the Wii.  The Wii is just too much of a cheap alternative, as well as having made a name for itself these 3+ yrs., for people to pick up a 360 + Natal or PS3 + Move bundle.  They may be able to sway a few newcomers to this gen, but for the most part these devices are going to be selling to the already established install base. 



dsister44 said:
selnor said:
BMaker11 said:
selnor said:
So a company in extremely close ties with Sony has doubts on NATAL.

*Rolls Eyes*

Some of those things may not make the final version of NATAL. We are going to see the final finished product this year. Notice last E3 they use the name 'Project' NATAL. This year the finished 'Project' will have a name.

Just because Sony showed the PS3 with a boomerang controller and changed it for release doesn't mean they falsely advertised. It happens during a working project.

Quantic Dream is a completely independent developer....and it's not like they haven't made a game for Microsoft before. Ninja Theory is the same way. 

They have been very vocal about only making for PS3 this gen. Very vocal. Also I remember reading about Sony looking to own them. Lets not beat the bush. They said no games for 360. And why would any 3rd party company do that, with a bigger user base and more likely sals on the 360 unless there were strong ties with Sony. Dont beat the bush. No QD games on 360 this gen 'shows' Sony ties.

http://news.vgchartz.com/news.php?id=7088 

OMG NOEZ!!  Don't blind them with the truth.  It burns!  It burns!

Funny how that story isn't even 2 months old, yet.  Even funnier how if people can't remember the facts, they just make them up.



well duh, is marketing of course they are gonna show stuff that simply wont be achievable with the technology, anything to get people hyped

and honestly i think it's funny how this comes fromm the most pretentious guy in the industry