By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - David Cage 'frustrated' by Microsoft's 'sci-fi' Natal presentation.

So a company in extremely close ties with Sony has doubts on NATAL.

*Rolls Eyes*

Some of those things may not make the final version of NATAL. We are going to see the final finished product this year. Notice last E3 they use the name 'Project' NATAL. This year the finished 'Project' will have a name.

Just because Sony showed the PS3 with a boomerang controller and changed it for release doesn't mean they falsely advertised. It happens during a working project.

Around the Network

Why is the Sony camp on such an offensive against Natal? Tretton, now Cage...

Sony's camp has never promised to deliver and come up short... Lair, Sixaxis controller with no rumble, Home, Backwards compatibility, optional firmware upgrades, Linux support, etc... And delayed stuff for months or years... Killzone 2, GT5, Heavy Rain, etc.

Maybe the vendors should focus on their product offerings and be less concerned about being skeptical to their competition. That goes for all of them not just the Sony camp.

i wonder how that car game works.. how do you accelerate?

gamelover2000 said:
he makes a good point.. that video has things in it that NATAL will never do..

They should rename NATAL to Peter Molyneux

Quantic isn't owned by Sony, so maybe this could be his honest opinion. That, or imminent Sony buyout, lol.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Around the Network
badgenome said:

David Cage is trying to divert attention from his own scandal:

I live for the burn...and the sting of pleasure...
I live for the sword, the steel, and the gun...

- Wasteland - The Mission.

He is right, same thing with MOVE. They make that shit out like its actually gonna be that good. Motion controllers are shit for gaming.

Garnett said:

He is right, same thing with MOVE. They make that shit out like its actually gonna be that good. Motion controllers are shit for gaming.

of course there going to make it out like its actually that good. What are they suppose to say there products suck?

I don't think he is being a sell out. Seems like an honest opinion.

As for Natal being able or not to

1/ recognize a skateboard by its' size & shape

2/ scan its' surface

i don't see how it could not do that...

masterb8tr said:
i wonder how that car game works.. how do you accelerate?

Toyota has it working. People say its unintended acceleration.I say its early field trials of Natal!

OT: What D. Cage says about Natal is irrelevant because.

1. Its a marketing presentation not a technical presentation and the goal was to spark the imagination. Hyperbole is common wherever you look and its just a means of getting noticed.

2. Hes not exactly independant, and hes affiliated with a company who would talk smack about their own mother if she released a competitive product.

3. I wasn't particularly happy with his motion control implementation on Heavy Rain. Quite a few times the controller didn't register the movement correctly, so perhaps he ought to clean house first before he looks for dirt in other peoples.

Tease.